Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Doors are closed after 12 AM

What is happening in Zamalak exactly ?? My aunt’s Concierge “Bawab” told her that the Police came and told him that the gates and doors of the buildings in Zamalak will be closed after 12 AM and that if they are not locked they would take him to the Police station !! They will know because they will have frequent patrols !!

I do not think that the man is bluffing despite I need to hear it from different sources , so if you my dear reader live in Zamalak ,please ask your Concierge about this.

I love this extra security but why suddenly they decided to remember that the gates and doors of the buildings should be closed at night !!?

Has the theft rate increased in Zamalak lately ?? and because it is a rich area with considerable foreign existence in it ,there is an extra care!!!

What about other areas that need more security ??

Like for example 6th of October and Mohendessin!!??

Two of my relatives were victims of burglary in Mohendessin from couple of month in different areas there and I can’t tell how I could not believe myself how the Police dealt with the matter from the beginning till the ending !!??

I wish that they impose that rule in Zamalak everywhere.already where I live each apartment got a key for the main gate because it is closed after 12 AM thanks to some burglary incident from couple of years.I do not need to say how the Police solved but let´s say to reach to the real thief some innocent poor people were technically tortured

3 comments:

  1. The building where my parents live in Alex (and where I used to live) has been successfully applying this procedure for over 20 years now. I still remember the couple of times when I came back very late and only to find out that I forgot the key for the main gate. It was really embarrassing, specially because the intercom system was "inside" the building and there were no cell phones back then.
    Locking up a building gate is essential and should be applied to each and every building in Egypt. Thing is that there are numerous buildings in Egypt without gates and numerous others with some non-functioning gates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if this will be applied to Maadi, as if we aren't already crawling with more than enough police?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hina wi Hinak, I was in the same situation couple of times especially when I return from some wedding or from some relatives in summer nights
    you know I thought about the non functioning gates and the buildings without gates , they are not few in fact they are many. I think putting a real guard will be a good solution

    @vagabondblogger, I believe this will be applied soon to all Cairo and Giza with the increasing rate of thefts , last week a police general appeared in 10 PM show and gave a lecture on how we can protect ourselves without the Police help !! a guard on the gate, gates to be closed max. after 1 am, iron bars on the first floor from the apartments "I hate it"

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.