Monday, December 8, 2008

The Presidential Eid Prayer

First of all Happy Eid to all Muslims in the world.

Second I have just finished the Eid Prayer in Cairo, I pray in home usually.

Third I have just finished watching President Mubarak praying at the second army mosque in Al-Ismalia and I have a couple of remarks and also questions.

  • President Mubarak looks so pale and old.
  • He always prays with his sons from the arm forces , why does not he pray with the rest of his sons from the Egyptian people??
  • He always prays in this small Mosque in the army base at Ismalia,when will he pray in a big Mosque in Cairo ??
  • He always prays in the last row in the Mosque and behind him a wall , when will he pray in the first row after the Emam and behind him people ??

These are just my thoughts about the Presidential Eid Prayer. By the way what I mentioned here is a Presidential tradition in the time of Mubarak.

4 comments:

  1. Eid Mubarak .... oops let me say ... Eid Saeed (excuse the pun).

    Izzat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol yes Eid Saeed to you and to your Dr. Izzat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eid Mubarak Z! I prayed Salaat el Eid with 5000 muslims in -21 weather...but it was beautiful alhamdulillah.

    What do you mean you prayed at home? Do you not pray in a mosque with other muslims? Women are allowed to pray in mosques in Egypt. I prayed Friday prayers in Alex and prayed other prayers in Sayidna el Hussein and Sayidda Zeinab (a very lovely mosque). Salaat ul Eid should be prayed Jamaa as far as I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @N.American Princess, wow mashallah this is great
    yes the women are allowed but I prefer to pray in home coz I always wake up late and usually in the Adha Eid the butcher comes after Prayer for the sheep
    Jamaa is a rule more for men but not for women
    Still of course I pray in Mosques

    @anonymous, thanks for the invitation anonymous,I will think about it

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.