Sunday, March 15, 2009

Old Alexandria

Dear Ociana  cafe has sent me these wonderful photos of Alexandria in early 20th century and I though I must share it with you :)

The city was still so young. There are some place in the album I wish to know what happened to them now like that unnamed beautiful Public garden and that ball room in the new Khedival hotel , already I wonder if there were any Khedival hotel in the first place , I feel that the ball room shot was taken from some palace.

I hope you enjoy this blast from the past like me :)

3 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine this is Alexandria !!!!
    I do not recognize any place, thanks for the text description....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Michel , I could not believe myself either if it were not for the text description and some buildings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take half of my life and make me live in that time ... Thank U zei

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.