Sunday, June 27, 2010

Masr's People

It is a small clip and it is not done by an Egyptian but you can see my people , the people of Masr.

Watch it till the end

I believe Morgade should not have used Hanin's mawal as an intro for the film , of course for foreigners who do not understand Arabic and its different accents there is no difference ; this mawal is authentic Lebanese one that does not go with Egypt and if you do not know the name of this clip , you may think it is about Lebanese people after all we are all Arabs and lookalike.

The clip is so fine , so beautiful.

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! I am Javier Morgade, the author of the short film. I know the intro song is lebanese. I heard it on a CD mixed by Dj AKM, an Egyptian dj and musician I met while I was there. I loved the piece, so I asked him for it and finally used it since I didn't find any other thing fitting that well with the images. Maybe I shouldn't, but this is a personal piece about my own experience... I hope this doesn't bother anybody. I really love your country, and really enjoyed shooting the whole thing. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Javier Morgade:
    I enjoyed your short film as you have captured some real Egyptian facial emotions. I congratulate you for "opening" up your subjects to your camera, your music was very enjoyable too.....good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. I had tears in my eyes althuogh I have not been outside Egypt for long. Still the movie really made feel how much I miss the Egyptians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats the Egypt that i love so much, the Egypt of the egyptians, not the other focused on tourism. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Javier Morgade ,

    We are the ones who should thank you on this beautiful piece of art , you do not know how it has touched us all , I think you can feel it from the comments
    Thank you again and please come again another short films again about my people :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.