Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Review : Windows Live Writer Wave 4 Public Beta And Blogger

Here is my Windows Live writer Wave 4 Public Beta review which I hope to be useful. As you may know Microsoft has launched its Window Live Essential beta aka Wave 4 from couple of weeks ago to after a very long wait. This beta release I believe is like a patience pill to the users who waited a long time for a real update in their Windows Live applications like me and the case of Windows Live writer.

Windows Live writer is by far the best desktop editor for blogs whether blogger or Wordpress or Live space and this is why it has become my hand and foot like we say in Egypt when it comes to blogging. There are new features and additions in the beta for sure starting its upper ribbon which made it look like a little brother of MS Word ; new formatting and editing section is great but .. I waited for more features in that version especially with the new features in blogger.com from photo captions and post spilt "I currently use a plugin" yet I unfortunately I found none in the Beta version.

Also the same old bugs of duplicated photos upload in Picasa web albums and the blogger large photo bug (-h) with lightbox and slimbox."I use the later here"

May be the wonderful guys of WLW will surprise us with the final with adding the new blogger features and fix the usual bugs that annoy us all.

1 comment:

  1. Don't hold your breath Zeinobia! There is no plan to include a split post feature OR a pages feature either as far as I'm aware despite the fact that its been added for Wordpress. (bias?) All I can suggest is pester the team about it, and encourage any other bloggers on Blogger to do the same.
    You can contact them at https://feedback.live.com/?productkey=wlwriter if they get enough feedback about providing these features, you never know, they might do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.