First of all Ibrahim Eissa spoke on air yesterday on Al Jazeera Mubshar and I was so happy by the public support he received even from non Egyptians.
Second of all we do not know what is going now up till ; Youm 7 says Badawy and the Dostor journalists have reached to an agreement but there is no chief in editor yet while Al Masry Al Youm says that Badawy agreed on the journalists demands except one : The return of Eissa.
Ibrahim Eissa on Al Jazeera Mubshar
I can’t trust Youm 7 nor Al Masry Al Youm plus there is no confirmation from any of the Dostor journalists and writers I know.
Already we know that there was going to be a protest stand at the journalists syndication today 12 PM CLT, I do not know what happened to it.
Third of all you will not believe the amount of support Ibrahim Eissa has received from the people who consider him now the latest victim of Gamal Mubarak’s hereditary project. Badawy has lost in a way he could not imagine , in fact I believe that he is the true loser in this game.
Fourth at last we know those other shareholders besides Badawy and Edward who acquired Al Dostor thanks to Al Ahram. According to the report Badawy revealed the other shareholders in his meeting with the journalists on Wednesday and they are :
- Dr. Abdel Manam Habib , the vice chairman of Sigma Pharmaceuticals
- Dr. Mohsen El-Kal , the vice chairman of Sigma Pharmaceuticals
- Dr. Mahmoud Abdou Mahrous , a professor at university of Alexandria
- Mahmoud Lotfi El-Faky , who is a member in the MB !!!
- Omar Taher writes in Youm 7 an open letter to Siyad Badawy , Taher who writes a daily column in Al Dostor reportedly felt bad about that acquisition. In his open letter Taher fires back at Badawy’s accusation that there was an administrative corruption in the newspaper and that the journalists are blackmailing him !!
- Sarcastic Galal Amar speaks about Ibrahim Eissa and reminds us with late Mahmoud Awad.
- The journalists and activists are protesting at the syndication of journalists in Cairo. I do not know if the protest is still on or over.Here are the first patch of photos from the protest.
- More reactions about Al Dostor , Dr. Nabil Farouk will not write in Al Dostor as long as there is no Ibrahim Eissa and he has already pulled his Op-eds from there. Dr. Ahmed Khaled Tawfik also will not write in Dostor as long as there is no Ibrahim Eissa .
- The journalists of Al dostor published a statement to fire back at the memo Badawy sent to the syndication where he claims that he reached to a deal with them. We are back to square no.1 according to this statement.
- By the way Badawy published another copy from the Wafd newspaper under than of Al Dostor today and yesterday his new editorial team from Wafd used material Al Dostor published from two months ago in the weekly issue !!
- The Al Dostor journalists are holding an open sit in till the syndication , they are demanding the return of Eissa.
- Thanks to Omar ElHady we discover that the pathetic Badawy Dostor has published an interview that was originally published in Nahda Misr "It was highlighted on ONTV"