The first one to be blamed in the Alexandria explosion is the Ministry of interior in Egypt or rather the national security apparatus. There is no logic why there was not enough security on this Church when there were threats against the Churches in Christmas issued two weeks prior to the incident. Forget about the old threats from two months , what about the new threats !!? Why did the MOI think that this group was bluffing !!?
I will not go in too discussing issues like sectarian tensions and so on because in our case here the MOI did not do its job in protecting the Egyptian citizens despite the threats. There are rumors that Habib El-Adly resigned and Mubarak has rejected it. Already El-Adly has not shown up till now even to address the parliament or the media always he used to do. There is no doubt that he himself understands the deep trouble his ministry caused and thus he is trying to amend the matter as much as he can. For the record Habib El-Adly was appointed as the minister of interior in 1996 after the massacre of Luxor and the failure of Hassan Al-Alfi.
The regime is trying to divert the attention from the fiasco of the MOI but it can’t because what happened makes us all wonder. Is it the usual neglect in Egypt or there is something else that caused this fiasco!!?
It is ironic that when the “Two saints” church had only a small team of security “ an officer and two guards were injured in the attack” , the MOI deployed 10,000 security officer and guard to protect the Israeli pilgrims visiting Yaakov Abuhatzeria shrine in Damanhur. May be this is why there was not enough security in the church , after all Damanhur is near to Alexandria and the additional enforcement will not come in time from Cairo but rather from the nearest biggest governorate next to Beheira aka Alexandria !! It seems that the MOI saw the protests of the Egyptian oppositions in Damanhur against the Abuhatzeria more threatening that an official terrorist group’s ultimatum !! This is the only logic explanation you can find when you try to connect dots with each other.
Yes you can’t stop terrorist attacks 100% but you also can’t escape from responsibility and say that it happens everywhere including the States and London when you did not do your job as it should.
Does the MOI have too many files to handle to the level that they can’t handle their primary mission which is to protect the citizens !!? There is no doubt in that and this goes to the concept of the national security for the current regime.
The national security concept for this regime is very limited and very narrow , we all know this and we all touch it in our daily life. The real national security starts with our army’s readiness to stop any attack to our Nile water share to the loaf of bread Egyptians stands in queues for hours to get , the real national security does not include the regime’s security I am afraid , it does not include cracking down the opposition , it does not include protecting the elections fraud. This lack or shortage of national security concept is a result of the decaying state we are currently living in Egypt on all levels. It is like a closed circle. We have become exactly what our elder used to say “ A gate with a guard”.
The Muslim-Christian problem in Egypt can be solved very easily in no time if there is a real democracy , if there is justice , if there is real accountability.
P.S the MOI published its plan to secure Churches publicly !!
By Year , By Month
- ► 2016 ( 266 )
- ► 2015 ( 345 )
- ► 2014 ( 312 )
- ► 2013 ( 512 )
- ► 2012 ( 683 )
- #Jan 31 : Day No.7
- #Jan 30 : Happy Birthday Charlie Brown !!
- #Jan 29 : After the 28th
- Jan 28 : Chronicles of The longest Friday in Egypt...
- #Jan 25 : The Suez Siege 2011
- Twitter And Facebook Are blocked Again !! "Updated...
- #Jan25-Thursday: Major Updates
- #Jan25 : Protests in Sallum
- #Jan25 : The Canal Cities Are on Fire
- MSM on Fire : Saad to Leave National TV , El-Shazl...
- Happy birthday Khaled Said
- Internet censorship in Egypt : If it were useful t...
- #Jan25 Anger Day : Suez is a War Zone Again "Updat...
- The photo of the day : The head of the freedoms co...
- A Message To Dr. Elbaradei : Return To Cairo NOW !...
- #Jan 25 : Reactions
- #Jan25 : A Real New Hope
- The 25th Big Day
- Tunisia Leaks : The Ben Ali regime files
- Dr. ElBaradei Addresses the police
- 24 hours before the 25th !!
- The Palestine Papers : Al Jazeera’s own Wikileaks
- MOI : A Palestinian Militia Behind the Two Saints ...
- That’s lot of gold leaving the country
- #Jan25 is official Menace to the regime
- What Can The Tunisian Revolution Teach us ?
- #Jan25 is getting serious
- Apologize To the Tunisian People Now !!
- Thank you Mahmoud Saad
- Speaking About Tunisia’s gold reserve , How Much G...
- First Blogger Minister in the Arab world
- Mercenaries used in Tunisia !!??
- Kick that baby Yoga Cult out of Dahab Now
- The flag in this Way means Things are unstable Mr....
- ElBaradei Speaks to Hala Again
- Will 25th of January 2011be a remarkable Day in o...
- I love you Gomaa
- Another 3 Egyptians To Set Themselves on Fire in t...
- Cablegate And Tunisia : Suha And Laila
- STFU Tamer Hosni
- The Denial of Denial is confirmation
- Not That Sweet Nor Funny Campaign!!
- Tunis Update : The King’s Men Are falling Down
- And This is Why Gaddafi Defended Zine
- Gaddafi addresses the Tunisian people !!??
- The Quote of The Week : A matter of Misunderstandi...
- The Myth And Reality in The Jasmine Revolution
- Tunisia Makes History : Reactions Update
- Long Live The Free People of Tunisia
- Separated at birth : Dictators Of their own kind !...
- Breaking News : A real Coup D'état this time in Tu...
- Tunisia : A moment of History
- About France , The States , The Arab World And Tun...
- Dr. ElBaradei : The sectarian Tension Is a symptom...
- Siyad Bilal’s Widow is arrested because of an inte...
- Angry Tunisia : A Small country but big anger and ...
- Because Egypt is only Blamed
- Can Someone Pay Attention To These Kids !!?
- Questions Should be Asked Now
- Unconfirmed News :Coup D'état in Tunisia "Updated"...
- Ben Ali of Tunisia : The Beginning Of The Ending "...
- Angry Maghreb : The Riddle of Algiers
- Breaking News : A shooting in Minya , Upper Egypt
- Angry Maghreb : The Jasmine Revolt of Tunisia “Gra...
- We are all El-Siyad Bilal
- The Enigma of Having ElBaradei on the cover of Eni...
- KSA Leaks
- Mohamed Maree Loses His Job because of blogging !!...
- The Battle of Kasserine 2011 !! “Graphic”
- The Photo of The day : A New country
- Osama Mushraf is Missing Again in KSA !!
- Angry Maghreb : Day 23 in Tunisia
- Woman Of The Year 2010 in Egypt
- Dead Fish in Marina !!
- Follow up : Matrouh’s Shocking Videos
- Saint Simon Monastery
- The Latest Victim Of Alexandria Church bombing
- Egypt’s Orthodox Christmas Mass : Live
- Where is that bitterness Towards Egypt !!?
- Sheikh Al Azhar's Interview On Dream TV2
- Stop Exploiting The Victims
- Dr. ElBaradei Addresses The Egyptian Christians
- Yes He Knows Nubia Just Like He knows Egypt !!
- A Possible Photo For The Suicide Bomber
- Martina was From The EGC Girls
- Stop These Rumors Now
- Another Pahlavi To Commit Suicide
- First Torture Video in 2011 : This Time From Libya...
- The National Mourning Riddle
- Making Fun Of Our Pharaohs
- A protest in Mansoura
- The MOI Fiasco in Alexandria
- Alexandria Explosion : The Language of Numbers
- Tunisia Uprising : It is still On
- Did You Or Did Not You Publish The Bloody Statemen...
- A Group Claims responsibility For The Two Saints A...
- Let’s Investigate That Page Either Way
- How many people were killed for real in The church...
- Who is Behind The Alexandria Explosion !!?
- Alexandria Explosion : Reactions
- ▼ January ( 103 )
- ► 2010 ( 1092 )
- ► 2009 ( 1159 )
- ► 2008 ( 1054 )
- ► 2007 ( 651 )
- ► 2006 ( 512 )
- ► 2005 ( 242 )
Egypt Citizen Journalism Politics Media National Democracy Follow Up photos Arab Human rights Video Society National Security Egyptian Life Culture Israel Economy America History Regional Arts Post Revolution Egyptian Faces Religion International Women Palestine War #Jan25 Egyptian Army Geek Syria Africa Health Islam Lebanon Europe Elections nostalgia MB Great Cairo blogging 1001 Environment Egyptian History Trials Egyptian X-files Presidential elections 2011 Minorities Nature Terrorism Audio Sports Gulf Just Opinion Spy Presidency Iraq News Books Films Party of parties Iran Maghreb Letter from the editor Sudan Arabic faces Music Breaking News In the wind's direction Sinai Egyptian Royalty Corruption Elections 2012 Asia Numbers 1973 1967 Caucasus Turk Bloggers Parliament Egyptian Constitution Tourism Alexandria Live Blogging Upper Egypt Daily World Links Polls 1952 Arabic X-Files Canal Cities Suez War Cablegate Nile Delta Aswan Laila Photo Of The Week Egyptian Rumours Happy Yemen Laws Red Sea 1948 The Quote of Week Charity Salam 98 Pakistan African Faces Yemen Personal Reviews Communiques UAR Highlighted Comments Matrouh Travel EC Interviews Nubia SS gate Weather Fayoum Latino Must Read Switch the Channel Wise Words Leaks South America Government Jordan Test Asian Faces Ideas Infographs Odd Tweet of the Day