During the Mubarak era the state security HQ in Nasr city had this infamous reputation not only inside the country but also outside it. Its international infamousness was recognized when it turned out that the Bush administration used its secret cells and also the expertise of its infamous officers to interrogate its illegal detainees during its unholy war on terrorism.The Egyptians called that big building in Nasr city district “The capital of hell” and you can imagine why Egyptians called it like that. A scary building any taxi driver will tell you horror stories about it and about the secret underground prison cells and torture rooms.
Tonight Egyptian protesters managed not to only to encircle the fearful building by thousands but they have also entered it for the first time not as detainees blindfolded but actually as victorious revolutionaries who had enough from that castle of terrorists.
|MP general and army general speaking|
With protesters "Yasser Seif"
Anyhow back to the capital of hell , the army evacuated the officers and officially was in control of it. After some negotiations with the generals , the people managed to get in and to see what they have never seen in their lives before from files , torture devices and underground prisons. After finding what they have found and the fact that Egypt will live in the new State security gate for weeks or even months as more and more scandals will come to light , I do not know why or how the generals let the people in. May be they let them in because they know that they were angry but did the generals know or even imagine what the people have there !!!?
|The evacuation plan showing how big it is|
The sectors in brief "By Nada Ghonim"
|The blue prints of the capital of hell by Yasser Seif|
|A bedroom at the hostel !! By Nada Ghonim|
|Loads of shredded papers by Tarek Al Araby|
I wonder what files the State security officers have actually destroyed. These are the files our tweep friends told us about :
- Bombing the two Saints Church “According to those who read , it actually incriminates the MOI in bombing the church.
- Hosni Mubarak and Suzanne Mubarak !! “Yes they were following their moves !! It makes you wonder about their loyalty. Our friends spoke about a report covering the Addis Baba assassination attempt in 1996.
- Sheikh Karadawy
- Dr. Mohamed ElBaradei
- Al Jazeera TV host Ahmed Mansour
- Late Khaled Said !!
|Late Khaled Said file by Yasser Seif|
- Members of Muslim brotherhood like Mohamed Habib
- Members of 6th April like Ahmed Maher ‘it included details about their family members even babies !”
- Members of socialist movements
- Religious sects
|Religious activities group file|
by Pakinem Amar
- Religious conservative “allegedly full floor dedicated to them”
- Mortada Mansour
- The Egyptian New night talk shows “Including transcripts for the episodes and the details of the callers”
- A whole file with the Yahoo emails that have been monitored.
- Files about CIA , FBI, Iraq elections and Al Qaeda “The golden files of rendition have not been found it, I fear that they were shredded"
|FBI file by Yasser Seif|
- Files about politicians and their relations
- Files about political deals and spies in various groups
- Files about Safwat Al Sherif and his sons with their financial corruption scandals.
- Files about the journalists who are working for the state security
|Folders about economy, labor, students, media|
They were emptied. "Tarek Al Araby"
- They were let because actually they are less harming than other files , the other explosive files including rendition and torture files were either moved or shredded. Torture files are more harming than espionage and data collecting files plus when we speak about rendition we are speaking about CIA covert world !! Let the people be busy with these files
- They were let because the officers had no time , already according to the photos and films the protesters found at the HQ , the SS was recording yesterday’s festivities at Tahrir square carefully. Also they had a lot to dispose and thus they disposed what they can dispose quickly.Already the protesters caught two big CSF vehicles transferring tons of documents to unknown locations. This theory is enforced by the collapse of Ahmed Shafik’s cabinet.
|The mount of shredded papers !!|
by Tarek Al Araby
|PCs without hard drives !! at least they covered|
the monitors !! by Shady Anwar
Our friends found torture devices , sex films made for famous personalities "this is so Safwat Al Sherif !!" and also Sony PlayStation !! They also found weapons and some CSF officer who was so scared and told them that he was innocent. The officer was handed to the army.
The underground prison was hard to find at first but the people found them. Some were speaking about screams from the underground prison. The cells were found , some people say they were locked electronically but they were opened. The detainees were released after being years in detention , one of them has been released there for 14 years !!!!!!!!!!! The detainees were allegedly blindfold and stayed in small cell without light !!!!!!!!!! Even the military police soldiers and officers were touched.
|Underground cells by Yasser Seif|
|Inside the cell by Mohamed Abdel Aziz|
It is not a matter of trust between us and the army but this is what we should do. The army knows that it should protect and hand these documents to the DA so it is better to let the people to do it to end to any suspicion from any kind. The army is careful not to let a single paper from the HQ searching everybody in the exist. It also does not let any foreign reporter inside , the thing which even protesters inside respected so much.
Among the people who came tonight to the State security HQ , families of the missing detainees , some of them have been missing for more than 5 years.
Here is a video showing the protesters when they managed to get in. They knew that there were underground cells and they found room full of papers. People were repeating over and over that they did not a single paper to be touched and they wanted someone to regard every office's door in the building.
Here is an ex-detainee how he was being tortured using a device that I showed its picture in the previous post.
This is just the start of the State security gate in Egypt.
Ok Scans and videos are pouring already
Here is a video for Habib Al-Adly's suit at the State Security complex !!
An office , a bed room with a bed for two , pink bathrobe , marble bathroom and finest salons for meetings from our own budget , from our own taxes !!
I read a fearful thing online that the citizens found a room full of toys and photos for kids being tortured :(
The documents , files and reports are exposing everybody in the country.
The journalists of course took some scans "and some files" about VIPs including Ex-President Mubarak himself and his activities along with his wife Suzanne Thabet. "I love writing her name in his way , the official legal way"
Al Masry Al Youm published this report about the Mubaraks' last day in Cairo. It is very interesting to see state security spying on the president and the first lady !! The report allegedly does not include anything interesting except that Mubarak and his wife had not official or recorded activity from February 1 to 5 !!
Strangely he met with Christiane Amanpour on February 2nd !!
Al Masry Al Youm's Ahmed Abdel Fatah shared couple of photos from SS HQ at his personal Flickr account.
Wikileaks.org is supporting the revolution and the storming of SS.If you follow its twitter account ,you will find it is tweeting about SS leaks and even tweeted in Arabic for the first time. The famous organization is not only supporting us but it is also offering help for the shredding papers problem.
We are so grateful and we welcome help on condition , the Wikileaks team teaches a group of Egyptians how to reconstruct shredded papers and the process would take place in Egypt.
The Egyptian Cabinet has asked the people to hand all the files to general prosecutor "DA" the first thing in the morning in order to protect the national security.
Sohair Abaza filmed the moments when people began to search for the underground cells, already Sohair and her friends were in that big hall when they heard sounds coming from below. When more people came and started to remove the floor they found these ventilation slots !! A former detainee told them the entrance is from some kind secret door. It is emotional
More photos from Hossam Hamalawy