And President Morsi has called for Parliamentary elections next 27 & 28 April 2012 according to presidential decree 134 for year 2013.
The elections will be as follows :
- The parliamentary elections will be held on four stages starting from “27th of April 2013”
- The first session of the Senates council will be held on 6th July 2013 at 11 AM.
The first stage :
- The first stage will be held in Cairo , Beheira , Minya , Port Said and North Sinai on 27 & 28 April 2013.
- The elections’ runoffs will be held on 4 & 5 May 2013.
The second stage :
- The second stage will be held in Giza , Alexandria , Sohag , Bani Sawif, Aswan , Suez , Red Sea , New Valley on 15&16 May 2013
- The elections’ runoffs will be held on 22 & 23 May 2013.
The third stage :
- The third stage will be held in Dakahlia , Qalyubia , Monufia , Qena , Damietta , Luxor , Matrouh and South Sinai on 2&3 June 2013
- The elections’ runoffs will be held on 9&10 June 2013
The fourth stage:
- The fourth stage will be held in Sharkia , Gharbia, Assuit , Kafr El Sheikh , Fayoum and Ismailia on 19&20 June 2013
- The elections runoffs will be held on 26 & 27 June 2013.
The Egyptian Christians are angry and they have too. The elections come on the same day of their feasts in April and May when they go to Church !!? Those who chose the dates , chose the wrong dates if it were not a deliberate thing.It is as if the regime does not want the Christians to vote at all.
The second day of elections in the first stage “ 28th April 2013” will be Palm Sunday and there are Christian voting blocs in both Cairo , Minya and Beheira that will be affected for sure.
Can Muslims imagine having the elections day on Eid ?? So much for citizenship and recognition of the other !!
Morsi is insisting on losing the Christians , no wonder the Freedom and Justice Party officials and Muslim brotherhood members are claiming that the protesters currently in the street are from Christians only. I am extremely angry. You must know based on past elections and referendum results Cairo and Port Said “especially now” will not vote for the MB or the Islamists and the results of the first stage always have extreme important psychological effect on voters in other stages.
Now aside from the Christian objections, can we please discuss the fact that these elections in the history of Egypt !? Four stages !!? This is so tiring and boring. No wonder some are expecting low turn out.
Already according to my humble knowledge I believe that the Parliamentary elections law that was disapproved by the Supreme constitutional court “SCC” and was returned back for amending to the Shura council. After amending the Shura council did not send it back to be revised by the SCC but it issued it officially !!
I know that constitutionally Morsi should declare the elections day before Sunday but does he understand that someone can file a lawsuit in the SCC claiming that the elections are not constitutionally because the SCC did not revise the law again !?
The Muslim brotherhood members , supporters and those are not MB but respect them are happy that the president issued this decision after al the talk shows were over on TV !! They are also happy that the first session of the Senates will be held at the same time they will celebrate the first anniversary of President Morsi’s victory. Yes there will be celebration according to them.
Some are saying the MB is dying for this election in order to give the world the impression of political legitimacy against any revolutionary or military move against Morsi with the political tensions in the country.
Anyhow opposition political parties are divided between participating in the elections or boycotting it. You do not need much brain to guess that the Islamists especially the MB will win the elections again as it is their game. The Salafists will not be that lucky especially with all these divisions and fights they got in their camp.
Personally I am not expecting anything good from that parliament or from that constitution or that president anymore with that mindset of Muslim brotherhood.