Monday, November 19, 2007

Blast from the past : Farewell Bogy

When I was a little kid my favorite two muppet shows were the American The Muppet Show and "Bogy and Tamtam"
bogiiii.jpg.xs

Of course, you know the "Muppet Show" but you do not know "Bogy" and "Tamtam", Bogy for certainty was not Humphrey Bogart, In the late 1970s till mid-1990s "Bogy and Tamtam" was the favourite children show for the Egyptian and the Arabic children

bogii1

Bogy was the clumsy and Tamtam was smart and they had lots of friends like Ziko, Zika and ZeeZee with her terrible auntie Shafika, Bogy and Tamtam had a little sister called Tamatim "Tomato in Arabic" I loved her so much.

Last week the actor who used to lend his childish cheerful voice bogey to "Bogy"  had passed away after a severe illness

That actor was 1941-born Younes Shallaby and he was a famous Comedian.

His famous started in the unforgotten role in the  "The School of Mischievous" the Egyptian Comic version from "To My sir with Love" as Mansour the clumsy son of the principle.

May Allah bless his soul and give patience to his family and lovers, already he will be always with us, we will remember him with his cheerful childish voice

2 comments:

  1. How lovely Zeinibia? That brought back to me some very distant memories. I don't know whether you know about it or not, but apart of Bujy wa Tamtam I used to adore the Iraqi cartoon Sindbad- the Bghdadi merchant

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Racoon,oh my God Sindbad ,the cartoon , that is even older than me lol
    yes I remember him short with freckles right :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.