Saturday, October 31, 2009

RIP Amin Howeidi

Amin Howeidi , the former spy Chief and minister of war during presidents Nasser  has passed away today after month of severe illness.

Amin Howaidy

Amin Howeidi who was born on 22nd of September 1922 was the first official in Egypt to head GIS  and  minister of war at the same time. He occupied 3 ministerial positions , first as the national guidance minister then State’s minister then minister of War.

He became Egypt’s spy Chief from 1967 to 1970 , several successful operations against Israel and Mossad happened during his era for the record

He was arrested among the centers of power in 1971.

He was from the few spy chiefs who spoke after leaving the agency , he wrote more than 25 books in Arabic and English about the Middle East. He was also a regular columnist in several Egyptian newspapers like Al Ahram Weekly

His funeral was today afternoon and despite he was the minister of war the president did not attend , it seems that he was busy with the NDP Conference. Anyhow the former general according news reports had a military funeral attended with the army and intelligence men.

I disagree with Howeidi’s political views as a hardcore Nasserite but I can’t deny what he had done to this country. May God bless his soul.

3 comments:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

    I too have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.

    Mostly it's a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

    Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

    Sincerely,
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. الله لا يرحم هذا السفاح مدير المخابرات المجرمة
    و اذا كنت حقا تؤمنين بحرية التعبير فأنشري رأيي
    هذا فأنا لم أشتم و لم أسب و إنما أعبر عن كرهي
    لهؤلاء الظالمين الذي يعذبون الناس في أقبية المخابرات المتعفنة

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Zeinobia,
    You say "I can’t deny what he had done to this country."

    Perhaps you might enlighten us, when you have time, about what he has done to Egypt?"

    Many thanks.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.