The case of Nubia is back again on the surface as a challenge the Mubarak regime is trying to ignore till it explodes like other problems we have in Egypt despite its negative effect on our national security. The problem that started after the constructing the high dam can be simply summarized that the government took the land from the Nubian Egyptians displacing them in order to build the dam yet unfortunately the three successive regimes did not and have not compensated them as they should.
They have not given them new land at lake Nasser as they were promised in 1960s instead of their land on the banks of the Nile that were used for the High Dam. They have not given them the appropriate money compensation they deserve. They also did not care to improve their living conditions in their new villages faraway from the Nile.
Now the case is being used against Egypt from time to time and some people want it to make as a repression case against minorities and ethnics internationally despite the fact that the same tragedy can happen to any other Egyptian in the country.
I will not speak about the previous regimes of Nasser and Sadat but I will speak about the current Mubarak regime which has been in rule for 28 years. What has the Mubarak regime done to the Egyptians at Nubia ?? Nothing despite the promising speeches and insistence on the Egyptian identity of Nubia.
The solutions of the Nubian issue are very simple and easy , allocate pieces of lands on lake Nasser banks to the people and improve their living conditions for real , of course the first suggestion is much easier than the later because I swear other villages in Egypt suffer as much as the villages of Nubia suffer in their own ways.
By the way you should know some interesting fact , suddenly Aswan has become a very hot spot for big hotel developments and construction companies in Egypt like for instance Amer Group is going to build Porto Aswan that will affect ecology in the area , OHD will build the Amoun Island resort , PHD along with Taj hotels will build a huge hotel there too. By the way back to OHD I found out that they have another project in Aswan on Lake Nasser , the same Lake the Nubian Egyptians should own land on its banks.
I am not against tourism investment in Aswan on the contrary but I believe our people's needs are more important. Yes these projects will provide jobs but not all the people there want to work in the tourism sector , they want their land back to cultivate it again like they have done thousands of years ago.
The Nubian Egyptians are unique part of the Egyptian mosaic in the country and we should work on keeping them in this mosaic.
Honestly the Nubian issue would have been solved like any other problem in this country through democracy and proper representation from a very long time.
By Year , By Month
- ► 2015 (148)
- ► 2014 (312)
- ► 2013 (512)
- ► 2012 (683)
- ► 2011 (953)
- Old Is Gold : Ya Mustafa Ya Mustafa
- ElBaradei To Reuters : The Key Is The Silent Major...
- The Craziness Has Reached Algeria
- Shobeir's Fight in The Parliament
- An Earth In Chile And Threat To 1/4 of The World
- Regarding The Nubian Issue
- Mohamed ElBaradei Speaks To The Youth And The Yout...
- Bad Day For Blogging in Egypt Yesterday
- ElBaradei : Let's Keep Him A Hope
- You Must Read These
- Rains and Hails
- A Leak in Dubai Mall Aquarium
- ElBaradei Presents The National Front For Change
- Children of The Nile Abroad : I Vote
- UNICEF : 28 Million Child In Egypt Live In Poverty...
- The Quote Of The Week : The Real party, The Real P...
- Breaking News : A National Front
- Follow Up : Adly Synagogue Arsonist
- Chill Out Nour
- Tell Me That This Video Is Fake
- A Friend Or A Messenger
- Mohamed ElBaradei’s Interview to Dostor Daily
- Parade Chooses Mubarak As One Of The World's Worst...
- Mohamed ElBaradei's With Mona El-Shazely : A New H...
- ElBaradei's Interview With Amr Adib
- Breaking News : Something Wrong At The Adly Synago...
- Last Week in Luxor
- If This Is The Salary of The Taxation Authority Ch...
- How Did The Official Press Received ElBaradei ???...
- ElBaradei Reception Videos
- 2 Hours Before The Big Moment "Arrived in Cairo up...
- Do Not Underestimate The Power Of Hope
- Our New Defense Minister
- After Few Hours : More Anticipation
- Is This Ike's Great Granddaughter !!??
- Not The First NorThe Last
- Supporting Abbas
- 48 Hours Before The Big Event
- The President And Wall-E
- Breaking News : Egypt in The UN human rights Counc...
- The High Dam : A Bless Or A Curse
- Film Review : Avatar
- The Quote Of The Week : Always Crisis
- Over His Dead Body
- Arabic X-File : Caught on CCTV
- YouTube Against Fine Citizen Journalism
- The 2nd Anniversary of Badr I Disappearance
- The Best News Photo in Egypt For Year 2009
- Africans Vs. Latin Americans
- Like Grandfather , Unlike Grandson
- How Many Patients Can Be Treated with That Money A...
- Follow Up : Ministry Of Agriculture To Al Walid : ...
- Follow Up : Suzanne Tamim Murder Trial Appeal Saga...
- Pal Sarkozy To Show His Paintings in Cairo
- CPA To Toyota : Recall Your Corolla in Egypt
- Why He Did Not Come To The Arab Media !?? “NSFW”
- Read My World Chronicles
- Cairo : Forever Triumphant
- What Islam You Are Speaking About !!
- Mark Your Calendar
- Zowail Vs. Goweida cancelled !!
- So He Is Alive And Kicking.. With The N.Koreans !!...
- The Quote Of The Week : Close London Balconies
- Farewell Charlie
- Ahmed Zowail Speaks And You Must Listen
- No Valentine For Mounir "Updated"
- Dear Abby This Is Bullshit
- Cheap Price
- Just A Handshake !!
- Hats Off Amr Adeeb
- Just A Suggestion
- We Need To Read Camp David More Thoroughtly
- A Woman That Brought Down The Throne Of Egypt !!
- Nazif HasTied the Knot Already !!??
- Not For The Love Of Egypt
- Let Them Eat Cantaloupe !!
- Not Our Showtime in Egypt
- Gas Crisis In A Country That Exports Gas
- False Alarm Or Real War Drums
- Follow Ups : Samih Is Not In To The Independent
- Support Avinunu
- Muslim Inventions That Shaped The World
- Where Is The Ham ??
- The Most Cleanest And Dirtiest Countries in The Wo...
- On That Day
- Samih Sawiris And Alexander Lebedev To Acquire The...
- Mubarak's Reception To Our Egyptian National Footb...
- The Mubarak Brothers Sing and Dance
- The Youngest Known Victim of Blackwater
- CAN 2010 : We Are The Champions
- The Mubaraks in CAN 2010 Finals
- ▼ February (91)
- ► 2009 (1159)
- ► 2008 (1054)
- ► 2007 (651)
- ► 2006 (512)
- ► 2005 (242)
Egypt Citizen Journalism Politics Media National Democracy Follow Up Arab Video Human rights photos Society National Security Egyptian Life Israel America Culture Regional Economy History Post Revolution Egyptian Faces Religion International Arts Women Palestine War #Jan25 Egyptian Army Geek Syria Africa Health Islam Lebanon Elections Europe nostalgia MB blogging Environment Egyptian X-files Presidential elections 2011 Minorities Just Opinion Sports Spy Nature Iraq 1001 Books Iran Presidency Films Gulf Party of parties Maghreb Trials Terrorism News Letter from the editor Breaking News Sudan Music Arabic faces Audio In the wind's direction Elections 2012 Asia Egyptian History Egyptian Royalty 1973 Grand Cairo Corruption 1967 Numbers Sinai Turk Caucasus Bloggers Egyptian Constitution Daily World Links Polls Live Blogging Arabic X-Files Upper Egypt Parliament Alexandria Tourism 1952 Suez War Cablegate Canal Cities Laila Photo Of The Week Egyptian Rumours Aswan 1948 Happy Yemen The Quote of Week Charity Salam 98 Nile Delta Pakistan African Faces Personal Red Sea Reviews Yemen UAR Communiques Laws EC Interviews Highlighted Comments SS gate Travel Nubia Matrouh Must Read Switch the Channel Wise Words Cairo Fayoum South America Jordan Latino Asian Faces Cultura Ideas Infographs Leaks Odd Test Tweet of the Day Weather