2012 is just as interesting as 2011 as it seems.
We are going to have :
- We are going to have a new president through presidential elections.
- We are going to have a new constituent assembly.
- We are going to have a new constitution through a referendum
- We are going to have a new Pope for the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria through Papal elections as well.
- We are supposedly going to have new government
This is the official elections year in Egypt and honestly we should be worried and concerned because we are speaking about the fate of this nation.
By the way the Orthodox Church of Alexandria announced that the Papal elections and process of choosing a new pope can be adjourned till after the presidential elections. We can be speaking now of more than 4 months of Papal seat’s vacancy.
Still this is not the first time in the Egyptian history or the history of the Church that the Papal seat will be vacant for several months , already in the past 3 centuries the papa seat was vacant for couple of years from time to time.