This is a summary of what happened in Egypt in the past 10 days :
- In an attempt to fight HIV , TV host Mona Iraqi helped the security forces to raid a public bathhouse in Cairo arresting dozens of men who allegedly were having gay sex party. The TV host says she did nothing wrong. Her episode was viewed by millions last week on Al-Qahara Wal Nas , the same channel that was once airing illegal phone calls of activists and politicians in Egypt on air.
|Filming the raid by her iPhone (Her show Facebook page)|
- In the same week another controversial TV host or to be precise the queen of Tabliod TV in Egypt Riham Saeed showed 5 girls possessed by Christian demonic entities on her show . Despite it was one of her most viewed episodes on Al-Nahar TV , the show was just a bad spoof of Exorcist film series. Yes I saw it and it was just crazy. Now Riham got what she wanted and she was the most talked person on twitter in the past 4 days. Of course mostly she was attacked for spreading superstition and she was proven to be fabricating some parts of her show but she got what she wanted : Mona Iraqi won't take from her the crown of tabloid media queen everrrrrrrr.
|Riham , the drama queen|
- A new comer to the tabloid TV show circus in Egypt , Lebanese TV host Raghad Shalhob presents a new TV show about taboos and secrets in Egypt on Hayat TV network. Her first episode was about ... drugs , oh yes and among her guests were two drug dealers who wore really funky disguise
|Saeed Gamil , a drug dealer by Menna Alaa|
Of course what caught my attention in this show is not that "Pimp my dealer look" but the fact that the TV show demonstrated on camera , in the studio the side effects of drugs on a living rat lab. This is considered animal cruelty if I may say. Yes white rats used in experiments all the time but not on TV
- To prove Egypt is on the right path of democracy , Egyptian security forces refused Michele Dunn , the senior associate in the Carnegie Middle East Program to enter Egypt on December 12, 2014. Dunn was invited to some conference organized by some Pro-Regime organization. I think now we know that Dunn was right in her opinions about the regime after 3 July. We also know there is no coordination between the different governmental bodies in Egypt and the final word is for the security apparatus. The ministry of foreign affairs in Cairo says that he had no Non-tourist purposes Visa to visit Egypt and attend the conference. It was said earlier that she was banned for security related reasons not visa related reasons . Fact : US citizens are allowed to obtain a visa at the airport for business as well as tourism
- Police arrests three citizens speaking English in some metro station in Cairo.
- Abdeen District shuts down an alleged cafe for atheists who practiced satanic rituals in Downtown Cairo. Yes the atheists practiced satanic rituals in that cafe in El-Falky street, Downtown Cairo. One could not believe that crap if it were not for the original documents issued by Abdeen district. Now interestingly the Cafe that they shut down was already closed from several months ago according to its owner political activist and April 6 Youth member Mostafa Boghdady. It was opened for awhile and was actually among the places the activists gathered at and may be this is the reason the government considered a very bad place that needed to be shut down
- Egyptian Composer and Arab Idol Judge Hassan El-Shafei is accused of being a Muslim Brotherhood member because he did not jump and dance during Emirati singer Hussien El-Jsamy's propaganda hit song "Boshra Kheir" in Arab Idol's finale. The Pro-Military conspiracy theorists cannot ignore the fact that the grandson of the man who prosecuted the MB in 1960s in special revolutionary courts made that song below with the awful spy Abla Fahita.
- A Microbus hits Airplane in Cairo International airport on Sunday.
- El-Sisi issues a law creating a new police rank with arrest powers. The new low ranking police position will be limited to 19 to 23 years old young men who have complete preparatory school.
- Egypt hosted the first American football championship in Africa and as usual we won't play in the World Cup of that game because we lost the game against Morocco. Interestingly we have an internationally recognized league of American football in Egypt.
- Prime minister Mehlab tells a Russian tourist at the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir square "El-Sisi and Putin are one hand"
- And of course our Spiderman has his own villains.