On this day from 57 years ago the Egyptian Police proved that it was really Egyptian. The Egyptian policemen in Ismailia fought a great battle on this day against the British occupation forces in the canal. One day insh Allah I will share with you the story of this battle but this year we have another battles to fight
On this day those officers in that governorate building in Ismailia were really in the service of the people and most importantly in the service of the Egypt not in the service of the king or the government. I do not think that they were going to surrender if they had the orders from the government on that day , they would not surrender with one hell of a fight.
This day became the Police day in Egypt.
I love this memorial and I feel sad to see how the Police turned to be the enemy of the people instead of its protector inside the country in this way. I wish that the interior ministry and the police for real starts to learn the important lessons of the 25th of January 1952. Showing documentaries day and night is not enough I am afraid
I feel sad when I say that the police in 2009 does not care about the people , it turned from the shield of people to the shield of the regime.
Sometimes I feel that the problem with police now is the sort of the education taught in the police academy. That education brainwashes those young recruits teaching them that they are above the people and above the law.It is noticeable that the police officers latest torture and abuse of power are usually the young officers. I noticed this. Of course this does not mean that old officers now are angels on the contrary. Former police officer and currently lawyer/activist Mahmoud El-Qatari wrote a book regarding this point. The book title is “The confession a police officer in the wolves city”. Qatari was sued for defaming the interior ministry yet the court found him not guilty.
Other times I believe it is the whole system’s fault, a regime fault , you can expect the police to work as it should in such complete corrupted regime .
Lately the crime rate increased in Egypt in a very fearful way , now we have international gangs stealing in the middle of the day like this Cuban banks robbery gang or that Turkish ladies gang. For God sake from couple of months two of my relatives were stolen and the police came after several hours and you won’t believe their carelessness !! I do not need to mention how many times the police failed in solving murder cases like for instance the Bani Mazaar murder or the 6th October murder !!?? For God Sake people now are scared to enter a police department and families now think twice before accept a Police officer as their son in law !!
I do not want to mention the torture record tonight but you all know about it for sure. It is a world famous now !!
I swear I do not hate our police on the contrary I respect so much those heroes from them who die in the line of their real line of duty , while they are really protecting us.
Because of those heroes I must along with others expose those dirty examples in the Egyptian police force to clean it.
The bad examples in the interior ministry like Islam Nabih and co. are the one that insults the police officers who died in the line of duty for us , for Egypt.
I forgot to tell you something
On the 26th of January morning the Egyptian students in Universities protested in solidarity with the Police officers
By Year , By Month
- ► 2016 ( 266 )
- ► 2015 ( 345 )
- ► 2014 ( 312 )
- ► 2013 ( 512 )
- ► 2012 ( 683 )
- ► 2011 ( 953 )
- ► 2010 ( 1092 )
- A letter from a Palestinian Child to the US Presid...
- Learn from the Master
- Can I as a Person accuse someone else with espiona...
- In less than 48 hours
- The origin of the Problem
- A New wave of strikes
- At least we became the first over the world in som...
- Two New H5N1 hot spots in Alexandria
- She is not an Arab but rather a British
- The Pupils of Gaza
- At last an official reaction regarding the Main Bl...
- You will not find this in the Algerian Newspapers ...
- Again What kind of weapon is this ??
- Thank You Dr. El-Baradi
- At last Mubarak remembered him
- A great achievement !!
- Our lost sovereignty
- Did not they say it was a red line ??
- Follow Up : For Gaza
- Good timing but bad choice for a TV channel
- A visit for another reason
- They should be sent to court
- A Classical Egyptian X-File: The grand Cairo fire
- H5N1 alert : Victim No.53
- On this day please become our shield not our enemy...
- Another New Party in Town
- The crime that shocked the Egyptian society
- Follow Up : Supporting Gaza
- Jews and Israelis for Gaza
- Save Blue Star and Search For Badr
- Look who is writing to the NY Times
- Shall We trust the main blood bank again or what ?...
- It is not me , it is Galloway nor Kauffman this ti...
- The difference between Heart and Hosni !!
- If You can be so angry …
- And the tunnels are still there
- Gaza after invasion
- What will be the Egyptian Foreign Ministry comment...
- Bad day for Blogging in Egypt
- Waltz in Gaza
- Whom Shall I believe ??
- Not Again for God Sake !!
- Meanwhile in Egypt
- Our Part in Obama’s speech
- Because it is not me nor George Galloway
- Obama big moment
- Bush Golden Presidential moments
- Kuwait Summit :That was too short
- Killer Shimon Perez does not deserve Nobel Peace P...
- I apologize for my delay
- And now it is the MB fault !!??
- And What brought him to Sharm El-Sheikh Summit oth...
- The Death Slide show from Gaza
- What about the babies of Gaza ??
- And Mubarak is a winner !!
- Again : Bombing another UNRWA school
- Thank God that we are not in S.Korea
- ENCORE : GOING TO WAR
- Follow Up : Day 21
- Protesting in Cairo
- Why do I hate Al Arabiya more than Al Jazeera ??
- About Siam’s murder
- Follow Up : The 20th
- The Arabic Circus summit
- Follow Up : Day No.19 …over 1000
- Starbucks in Beirut is closed for a day
- In the end of the day I feel sad
- Israel : The Other Front
- Another H5N1 Case in Egypt
- Arabic X-Files : Who is laucnhing rockets from Leb...
- Did Greece listen to the call of the PFLP ??
- This is Not Al Jazeera
- Follow Up : Gaza Day No.18
- Gamal Mubarak in Rafah
- These are direct shots
- The Search of Sovereignty
- Follow Up : Day No. ….it does not matter now ,deat...
- The moment of truth
- Follow up : Day No.17
- “We Will Not Go Down”
- G.W Bush Golden Moments :)
- Ok this is a silly speech
- The return of the red Prince : Harry Potty
- Another failed coup or another chapter in a media ...
- More Escalation then this !!?
- Gaza Story by Mazen Kerbaj
- Follow Up : War in Gaza day#15
- Solidarity Convoy to Rafah
- Algiers protests
- Nasr Factory to manufacture Proton Cars
- What kind of bombs they are using this time ??
- The Friday 14th
- Profiting from the crisis
- 21st Century Warsaw Ghetto
- ▼ January ( 144 )
- ► 2008 ( 1054 )
- ► 2007 ( 651 )
- ► 2006 ( 512 )
- ► 2005 ( 242 )
Egypt Citizen Journalism Politics Media National Democracy Follow Up photos Arab Video Human rights Society National Security Egyptian Life Culture Israel Economy America History Regional Arts Post Revolution Egyptian Faces Religion International Women Palestine War #Jan25 Egyptian Army Geek Syria Africa Health Islam Lebanon Europe Elections nostalgia MB Great Cairo blogging 1001 Environment Egyptian History Trials Egyptian X-files Presidential elections 2011 Minorities Nature Terrorism Audio Sports Gulf Just Opinion Presidency Spy Iraq News Books Films Party of parties Iran Maghreb Letter from the editor Sudan Arabic faces Music Breaking News In the wind's direction Sinai Egyptian Royalty Corruption Elections 2012 Asia Numbers 1973 1967 Caucasus Turk Bloggers Parliament Egyptian Constitution Tourism Alexandria Live Blogging Upper Egypt Daily World Links Polls 1952 Arabic X-Files Canal Cities Suez War Cablegate Nile Delta Aswan Laila Photo Of The Week Egyptian Rumours Happy Yemen Laws Red Sea 1948 The Quote of Week Charity Salam 98 Pakistan African Faces Yemen Personal Reviews Communiques UAR Highlighted Comments Matrouh Travel EC Interviews Nubia SS gate Weather Fayoum Latino Must Read Switch the Channel Wise Words Jordan Leaks South America Government Test Asian Faces Ideas Infographs Odd Tweet of the Day