Now this post will keep updated with what is happening in Tunisia , this is what you do not you read in your newspaper or you watch in your TV. Yes world media began to speak about Tunisia , still it is insisting on speaking in very shy manner comparing to Iran.
First I apologize for the false alarm I launched yesterday , Ben Ali was not toppled , he has not been toppled ,yet I received wrong info from Tunisia. There is no info about the fate of former general Rashid Ben Ammar or where he is about ,some expect that he is currently in jail or he was killed.
Sakher Al Materi , the son in law of Ben Ali and the possible candidate for Tunisian presidency has returned back from Montreal , Canada to Tunis. There is no update about his wife , Ben Ali’s daughter or her mother infamous Laila thought. Al Materi made a video to address these so called rumors.
In a pathetic attempt to control the public’s anger , Ben Ali has fired the minister of interior and bunch of his advisors and has ordered two committees to investigate in corruption in the country !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He also ordered the release of bloggers and rap singer in addition to other activists and protesters. He will address the people of Tunisia today and I do not have an idea what he will say.
The minister of foreign affairs Kamel Morjane has resigned in a new development , actually it is not confirmed yet despite in his official blog there is a strong letter “in Arabic, English and French” to the Tunisian people condemning the actions of the government against the citizens and accusing it or portraying the protesters as terrorists. Morjane is very close to Ben Ali and he was married to one of cousin , he was always from the possible presidential candidates after Ben Ali. "TV7 , the official TV in Tunisia has denied the news"
The snipers are still hunting down the protesters as most of the fatal injuries indicate so , there are fearful stories from Kasserine that police forces raped women and girls while raiding houses to search for protesters. Nevertheless thousands have taken the streets across the country their anger and their refusal to Ben Ali’s regime despite the curfew orders.There are reportedly fires across the country. In some areas the citizens attack the police stations as result from their anger from the police's actions
This video was filmed yesterday by a mobile phone camera showing thousands marching in the street of Sfax
This video has been filmed in Kairouan governorate from few hours ago showing a huge peaceful protest
Ten of thousands marching in Sfax
Here is another protest earlier today from Monastir governorate , you can see the protestors marching and mourning the victims who were killed in the clashes by the police.
Huge protest in Kairouan
This video is from Kasserine , from the massacre that happened earlier this week ,you can hear the sound of automatic guns used by the security forces against the people.
Monastir governorate protest
The death toll has reached to 66 according to the latest estimation. The next part is extremely graphic
This video was filmed yesterday January 12, 2010 in town of Douz in Kebili governorate where university professor Hatem Ben Taher was shot down “ Extremely graphic”
This video shot yesterday shows a 12 years kid shot down by the police in the clashes , the video quality is not that good. You can hear the live ammunition in the background. It happened at Barrakat El-Sahel area.
Taher Ben Hatem in Douz
This video from Sfax yesterday showing a 14 yeas old kid shot down by the police in the clashes.
Here is another young protester killed by snipers earlier today in Tunis at Hadi Kalal street.
Here is another citizen killed in Tunis , he got a shot in his heart , his name is Karim Zouari, just a remark this conversation in the hospital about whether he should be washed for the last time before burial or not , it is true martyrs are to be buried with their clothes without wash in Islam
Young protester killed by snipers in Tunis
Another citizen shot down in Kairouan
Here is another citizen shot down in Zarzis today shot down by the security forces
An American citizen was reportedly shot down by the security forces in Tunis today , I will try to get his details. There is unconfirmed news that the regime will cut off electricity from the troubled cities. There is another rumor that the villa of Soufian Ben Ali in Hammamet city ,Ben Ali’s nephew was attacked by angry protesters and totally destroyed.
The story is developing in Tunisia.
|From the city of Zarzis late Ayman Abdel Wahab|
|Late Omar Belhaj from Sfax|
The story is developing in Tunisia.
- There are currently clashes in the famous city of Hammat according to Al Jazeera , it seems the rumor about Soufian Ben Ali's villa is true. Here is a video in the Facebook showing the protesters destroying a big banner for Ben Ali in the city.
- There is a call for civil disobedience in Tunisia starting from Tomorrow calling all citizens to have a sit in the street.
- The US State Department has issued travel warning for Tunisia. Asking US citizens to defer "non essential" travel to the country.
- Snipers are reportedly located on the roofs of the buildings and mosques
- Ben Ali has addressed the Tunisians using the Tunisian dialect to sound friendly , this time he promised that he will not run for 2014 elections , he will also lift the media and internet censorship and he gave his orders to the MOI not to use live ammunition !!
- There are clashes reportedly in city of Moknine in Monastir governorate , there are rumors that the vineyards and amusement park owned by Qyas Ben Ali , Ben Ali's nephew were burnt down
- There are clashes reportedly in Nabuel governorate , there have been clashes there since the morning
- The death of Thursday in Tunisia has reached at least to 29 civilians.
- After 2 hours of President Ben Ali's new age speech , at least 3 persons were killed in Tunisia "graphic photos"
|First victim from Ras Jebel ,Bizerte governorate|
|Citizen Hamdi Darwish|
|Citizen Mohamed Dandan|