Tuesday, May 22, 2012

And I support Dr. Abdel Moneim Abu El Fotouh

Yes I support Abdel Moneim Abu El Fotouh for presidency , it is not a secret that I have declared before publicly in my post about his campaign's final event "Strong Egypt".

I support  Abu El Fotouh for presidency and I know that he is an Islamist and former Muslim brotherhood leading member who believes in the Islamic project while I am liberal person.I support him and I know he is not the prefect dream presidential candidate for me.

I support Abu El Fotouh because I know that I am not electing a person but more of an executive with team of advisers.

I support  Abu El Fotouh because his team included experts from left to right.


I support Abu El Fotouh because he got endorsement from award winning directors Amr Salama and Mohamed Diab as well Sakina Fouad and Athar El Hakim and at the same time he got the support of Abdel Moneim El Shahet and Yasser El Borhamy.

I support  Abu El Fotouh because his presidential platform is by far among the best presidential platforms presented in this race.

I support Abu El Fotouh because he is a man who admits his mistakes.

I support Abu El Fotouh for presidency because I had enough from polarization in the society , the revolution has reached to deadlock due to that polarization that classified us revolutionaries and reformists , liberals and Islamist , Pro-Revolution and felol , Salafists and MB where as we are all Egyptians.

I support Dr. Abu El Fotouh despite Salafists and Al Gama'a Al Islamiyaa whom I do not agree with most of the time endorse him. 

I support Dr. Abu El Fotouh because our strength is in our unity for real. Our unity is the one that brought Mubarak and was the one the main force behind all the positive changes in the society since February 11,2011 if we go back to all the million man protests that include all groups and parties of Egyptians.

I support Abu El Fotouh for presidency because his top political adviser is a Marxist feminist professor and his economic adviser is liberal.

I support Abu El Fotouh despite I know very well his radical history when he was a student in Cairo university , when he did not reach his 20s.

I support Abu El Fotouh because I know that his way of thinking changed through time from radicalism to moderation. 

I support  Abu El Fotouh because when he went to Afghanistan in relief mission it was before the rise of Taliban by 10 years , when Afghani fighters were supported by all the civilized West world. I knew if I were living then I would support the Afghani fighters against the Soviet invasion regardless of all the cold political calculations.

I support Abu El Fotouh because when I asked him from several months ago about the rights of Baha'is  he told me directly in my face without any second thought that everyone in Egypt has the right of worship. 

I support Abu El Fotouh because he told me along with other group of friends that he does not wants to be like the Iranians after the revolution "They used to dance in the street and pray in homes , now they pray in the street and dance in home , this is hypocrisy I do not want" He said that.

I support Abu El Fotouh because what he had told me regarding the freedom of worship and apostasy has not changed even after he got endorsements from the Salafists till this day.

I support Abu El Fotouh because he wants to legalize the Muslim brotherhood and makes it under the control of the law as it should be.

I support Abu El Fotouh because I want a man who can reach to everybody in this important transitional period in Egypt.

May the best for Egypt will be elected for real.

13 comments:

  1. Zeinobia, he's awful. Granted there aren't many good choices, but still, I'm disappointed in you. He thinks 9/11 was carried out by an American conspiracy falsely blaming Muslims. He's just nuts. You say "he told me directly in my face without any second thought that everyone in Egypt has the right of worship". Well, yes, but he also says that only Islamist-oriented candidates should be eligible to be president. He's a disgusting provincial Quran-thumping mouth-breathing retard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, good for you!! I hope his team is not a decoy, as President Nasser's team. I hope you're right and am wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already voted for him. I was very curious to know who's your candidate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already voted for him. I was very curious to know who's your candidate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I followed the whole campaign... and although I am not Egyptian, I'm a secular reformist liberal with a christian education... I agree with you..
    I don't care about him or his ideas.. I do care about his wonderful campaigners I met during the last month and an half.. Really nice guys and probably the best outcome of the revolution. Guys who were in Tahrir and care about social justice and freedom, but who are not entangled in stupid battles just for the sake of fighting the SCAF (when you are not..). Guys who define themselves as muslims, but who do not want an Islamic state. "Islam is your moral background even if you are secular, because even the most secular person shares the ideal of equity and social justice. But Islam is a private thing, it should never be a false political solution or explanation". that's what they would usually say..

    Those guys represent a major crack in Egyptian politics, since they represent a variety and complexity of positions that cannot be contained in the actual political schemes.
    And when a dissident from the MB tells you that "democracy is more important than any MB project.." you know there might be something going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abou fatouh , i think your choice is wrong

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Zeinobia, For at least half of the reasons you mentioned I DID NOT AND WILL NOT vote for Abou Elfotouh. I rather vote for Morsi and not vote for him because at least I know what kind of person I am getting as a president for Egypt and not someone who claims he is a changed person and tries to appeal and appease every one from far left to far right. I think that the Herd mentality has led many Egyptians including you to believe that he is the best candidate for presidency out there which I beg to differ. I firmly believe that if he got elected, he will be a very weak president and will not be able to implement any of his plans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No matter who is elected, the good old army Generals will be walking softly and holding a big stick, after all they have the guns, the money and the REAL power, The rest is window dressing!
    No body will be able to dismantle an organization that took three Presidents from the military to build over 60 years!
    Whoever is elected knows that without the army's partnership they are helpless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zeinab,

    I have the same position as you and I already voted for him here in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope he is strong because there is going to be steady pressure right from the beginning from his former colleagues to order Egyptian society along religous lines. Will he be strong enough to say no? Places like the Phillipines, Malaysia and Indonesia already have volunteer morals police, self-appointed judges of public behaviour. Only because, noone bothered to stand up to these bigots who don't mind their own business and look after their own morals and are always busy minding other peoples morals.

    Egypt could definitely do worse than Elfotuoh who probably knows quite well how the worst elements in MB and Salafists think but will he squeezed between them & the military with neither satisfied? The biggest headache is going to be the Economy built on an unjust economic system and lack of democracy.

    If Elfotouh wants to change Egypt he should study the career of Adolpho Saurez 1st PM in post-dictatorship Spain who paved the way for true democracy but was not himself all that remarkable.

    Elfotouh must make a note to himself and his party, when it comes time to leave and hand over to the next man (or woman, I keep hoping) and party do so gracefully without hesitation. Also support & develope younger,talented political figures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I know that he is an Islamist and former Muslim brotherhood leading member who believes in the Islamic project while I am liberal person.I support him and I know he is not the prefect dream presidential candidate for me."

    The Iranian liberals who supported Khomeini in 1978 thought much the same. You have no fear that Aaachoo will smash you onto the floor and then consume you for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I disagree with those who think that Aboul Fotouh is somehow an actor who's secretly ultra-conservative. Aboul Fotouh has actually been pretty prominent with his ideology. Yes, he's evolved from his more radical youth, but at least he always said what he truly believed, from his encounter with Sadat in the 70s, to his work against Mubarak, to defying the official MB stance many times, including to join the Tahrir square protests. With him, what you see is what you get, and as it happens, many liberals and Islamists alike like what they see about him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If he is as conservative as some claim it is surprising that the MB did not just support him when instead of fielding its own candidate. There were chances for detente but they were not taken.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.