Monday, November 21, 2022

Kodak Agfa Presents: The Blood Moon of Cairo

It is another belated, truly belated post. But once again it is not late to celebrate 2022’s last blood moon lunar eclipse.

Earlier this month, exactly on 8 November Earth had a lunar eclipse that many countries witnessed.

We were among the countries that witnessed

It was the first time I witnessed a blood moon in the mid of the buzzing Downtown Cairo.

A Cairo blood moon

I could not take more photos because I did not have my tripod where I was standing.

According to scientists, we won’t see any blood moon lunar eclipse till the year 2025 so I consider myself lucky and that’s why I believe it is not late to share those photos.

A Cairo blood moon

Now, why did the moon look red !? or bloody!?

Well according to Wikipedia’s definition, it is because of “the sunlight that penetrates the atmosphere of Earth, the gaseous layer filters and refracts the rays in such a way that the green to violet wavelengths on the visible spectrum scatter more strongly than the red, thus giving the Moon a reddish cast”.

A Cairo blood moon

Here is a very quick and short clip of the blood moon in the night sky of busy downtown Cairo.


Photos were taken by Sony a6500 with an 18-55mm e-mount lens while video by Dji pocket 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.