Friday, July 27, 2007

A Present to my dear Tunisian friends

 The Tunisians this year celebrated the 50th anniversary of the republic last 25th of July ,and I decided to celebrate that day with them , already I have Tunisian friends who are visiting me here and I am happy for that

I won't go in to their history as I do not know much except President Habib Bourguiba stayed in rule for 30 years then Ben Ali took over the rule in bloodless coup ,of course it seems that Ben Ali is intending to stay also for long time

Anyhow in this occasion I would like to share you something from my late Grand father private collection , well it was not so private because they were published in the magazine he used to work at in Cairo

From the 1960s two photos for Bourguiba having breakfast one in his bedroom and one in his garden , they were taken by my grand father in an interview with Bourguiba , it seems that it did not cause any problem and it was easy back then

Before anyone says anything , I am not that fond of Bourguiba's policies , neither did my grand father but my grand father respected the man already he had knew him even before the republic when he used to visit the Arab league in his fight for independence from France

President Habib Bourguiba 

President Habib Bourguiba

13 comments:

  1. waw! i love them! thanks for sharing this :)

    Nadia From Tunis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your great Gift ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. @metallichaddous and Sky dancer , thanks guys , my grand father had other rare photos for Habib but I could not find them yesterday , when I find them ,I will scan and upload them as soon as possible
    happy republic day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for sharing this photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you zeinobia...
    Les initiatives de Bourguiba ont marqué l'histoire des notions arabes ... malgré le malentendu qu 'il a eu avec le Leader jamel abdel naceur.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zabourom al tesskra ! it's wonderfull !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so surprised: "I am not that fond of Bourguiba's policies " why ? what do you blame him for ?
    Thanks for the pics !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you,what a sweet surprise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow thanks guys all ,I never thought you would like them like that
    thanks Téméraire V5.0,free-race,massir,zied and Moh

    @Zied about your question , well It is not about blame because I am a Tunisian and Mecca' people know better than anyone
    but I don't like some aspect in his rule that I don't like also in presidents' era , for example he stayed too long in the chair ,for 30 years till a very old age till Ben Ali made a bloodless coup against him
    second the changing the Muslim Islamic rules whether from forbidding polygamy or the woman inheritance, pardon but I am some how sensitive just like any Egyptian
    other than that he seemed so popular

    ReplyDelete
  10. well zeinobia you are right about the fact that he stayed too long, but you should know that for a majority of tunisian people (if not all of them), the rules protecting women rights that bourguiba made, including forbidding polygamy and the rest of it, constitute one of the most important reasons he is still so popular in tunisia

    ReplyDelete
  11. well Metallicnadou, as I said Mecca's people know it well better than any body , I can't argue on that

    ReplyDelete
  12. bourguiba go to hell and like any tunisian muslim I hate him .

    ReplyDelete
  13. bourguiba stayed for thirty years, and hosni mobarak is catching up and adding the period that his son jamal will stay it , that will be over 60 years under the mobarak's good luck

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.