Friday, November 9, 2007

Blast from the past : Take me back to Cairo

Take me back to Cairo

The land of Eternal sunshine

This is music video was made for the music hit in the 1960s "Take me back to Cairo" which was sung by Karim Shoukry ,An Egyptian young man who left Egypt in 1960s to Canada to start a career in his showbiz as a singer and producer , the song met a huge success , karim_shukryalready the music is wonderful , the mix between the western and Egyptian music blows my wind , the Egyptian part actually is from the folklore ,an original folklore piece of Music . It is from the Anglo-Arab hits , you see the Franco-Arab songs win more

Shukry is currently living in Montreal as a successful film distributor and producer as far I found out, to tell you the truth he had an excellent voice

The Song was re-represented again to the Egyptian audience in 1980s by Singer Samir El-Eskandarny , in fact I know it from Samir

Huge thanks to my dear friend Dr.Ahmed Kamel for finding this treasure in Youtube

and here is the MP3 for those who only like to listen


powered by ODEO

Here is some blast from the past , from the sweet sixties :)

By the way if you got any songs for this singer please tell me

4 comments:

  1. Dear Zeinobia,I found your blog by chance,I feel very happy to see young girl like you and has the love of her country,Egypt deeply seated in her heart.Your Choice of "Take me back to Cairo" is very succesful,Egypt needs more people like you to regain its lost glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anonymous ,thank you so much for your wonderful words , Egypt insh Allah will regain its lost glory soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zeinobia, an excellent blog. I have been coming to Egypt for about 15 years now from time to time and have always enjoyed cairo, its people and its architecture. I've learnt a lot from Samir Raafat's website Egy.com. About ten years ago I got a tape from a music shop near Orabi and on it were several songs by Karim Shoukry and others. Now I have converted the songs to a digital CD. I shall be back in Cairo in just over a week and I would be very happy to give you a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zeinobia, I'll be in Cairo on monday morning, my email address is altairbynight@hotmail.com I would like to give you the CD I have of Karim Shoukry. Regards Paul.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.