The army council has announced its fourth Communiqué from few moments ago on air.
These are the most important points the generals have agreed on :
- The army is obliged to what was said in the previous communiqués.
- The government and the people to return back to their responsibilities toward the country
- The current government and governors will continue performing its duties till we have a new elected government.
- The council is looking forward to guarantee the peaceful transitional of power in a democratic system that allows civil state.
- Egypt respects its international treaties
- The army calls the people of Egypt to cooperate with the police.
Ok the world especially Israel and the U.S only care for the assurance that Egypt still respects its international treaties or to be accurate Camp David treaty but yet what we care about in Egypt here in this very important time :
The assurance that the the army council will guarantee the peaceful transitional of rule in a democratic system that allows civil state , yes a civil state not a military state , this is a very important thing.
People are speaking about a Turkish scenario taking place in Egypt , we do not know that yet and I think we must know that Egypt is not Turkey , Egypt is not Tunisia despite all similarities. We can learn from the Turkey and Tunisia though.
Another important point in this communiqué is that we are going to have a new government instead of Ahmed Shafik’s cahinet. “ By the way minister of information Anas El-Fiky was arrested in his attempt to get away from the country to London”
Regarding the police , well we are ready to open an page with them but they have to be there , in the past 48 hours there was not a single officer or solider protecting the streets at night , some will say that there is a curfew but let’s be frank there was not a real curfew in Egypt. Already today the curfew has become from 12 AM to 6 AM.