OK tomorrow insh Allah we will have the first round , the first stage of the most controversial referendum in the first half of the 21th century if I would say.
Now some trivia which probably you already know :
- The Constitution referendum will be held on two stages , on two days because of the number of judges. Most of the judges and prosecutors in Egypt refuse to oversee except couple of thousands thus it was better to hold it on two days according to the decision maker in Egypt whether the current Presidency or its superiors in Muslim brotherhood HQ. Ironically holding the referendum on two days will raise the matter of the constitution unconstitutionality !!!!
- Already according to Dostor Newspaper out of the 22,347 members of judiciary, only 5,772 agreed to supervise the referendum !!
- The first stage will be held on December 15,2012 “tomorrow” in 10 governorates : Cairo , Alexandria , El Sharkia , El Gharbia , Dakhalia , Assuit, Sohag , Aswan , North Sinai and South Sinai.
- The second stage will be hold on December 22, 2012 “next week” in 17 governorates. These governorates are : Giza , Monufia , Qalubiya , Monufia , El Baheira , Kafr El Sheikh, Damietta, Ismailia, Port Said, Suez , Marsa Matrouh, Red Sea, New Valley , Fayoum , Bani Sawif , Al Maniya , Luxor and Qena.
- The Egyptians abroad vote will end tomorrow after 4 days of voting.
- The results should be announced on the same day and the voting will start from 8 PM.
- There will 351 General committees divided in to 9334 electoral committees that are divided in to 13,099 sub electoral committees.
- The armed forces will secure the referendum with 120,000 officer and soldier besides 6,000 armored vehicles besides the police force !!
- Now not only the armed forces and police will secure the committees but also the members of Al Gama’a Al Islamiyaa will secure the committee !!!! Al Gama’a Al Islamiyaa supports the draft constitution !!!!!!!
- Carter Center will not supervise the referendum yet local observers began to organize themselves calling the citizens to be careful for any attempts of cheating and so on.
- The results will be based on the rule : 50%+1 regardless of the number of the voters
Now Robert Becker did this amazing quick and short analysis about the round 1 constitutional governorates based on the previous elections results. It is a must read post.
It is not the first constitution draft to be forced on the people causing such controversy among the public in very critical time. If you are a good reader to our modern history , you will know that we change our constitution as much we change our flag and ruler. The 1971 Constitution was longest surviving Constitution not for any reason except that Mubarak did not want a headache.