Sunday, January 27, 2013

#Jan25 anniversary in #Tahrir : Important scenes "Part 1"

I was sick yesterday so I was not able to share all the video clips and Photos I captured in Tahrir square last Friday during the anniversary protests.I hope that I will be able in publishing soon before it becomes old news. This is why I will publish them on parts. I collected the most important scenes here whether photos of videos.

The clashes of Kasr Al Aini street.

It actually started on January 24,2013’s evening and has continued up till now.It has been of course expanded to Downtown areas surrounding Tahrir square till Kasr Al Nil bridge and Mohamed Mohamed Street once again.
When I arrived to the street , in fact when I was in Tahrir square I could smell the terrible smell of the new tear gas grenades used by the security forces. Till that moment the clashes were between young protesters who sang Ultras songs yet they were not official Ultras groups and security forces at Sheikh Rihan Street. Both sides hurled rocks and sometimes ball of fire made of cloth and of course the tear gas grenades from the police side.
Here is a video I shot there. Remember to shot this I had my share from terrible tear gas grenades.
Officially the clashes started when the protesters tried to remove the blocks and the walls in both Kasr Al Aini street and Sheikh Rihan street.
As I hinted in my post before I left the area there were at least 5 injured among the protesters including a Spanish photographer.
Here is also a slide show I made from the photos I took there.

The clashes continue for the third day in row. Last night it even went from bad to worse with the random arrests of people in Downtown area that reached to people in their own homes !! Oh yes from their own homes, Sarah Abdullah who lives in a Kasr Al Aini was filming from her balcony what was happening between protesters and security when she found the security forces knocking her door and arresting her !!

The Friday prayers' speech in the square

As I hinted in my first post there were two speeches in Tahrir square this Friday prayer. A religious one at Omar Makram Mosque where the preacher "Not Mazher Shaheen" speaking about Prophet Mohamed´s birth
The political one as expected was at the square itself where Sheikh Mohamed Abdullah attacked Muslim brotherhood, Salafists and the US ambassador in Cairo Ann Peterson. Abdullah , originally from Al Azhar was on fire. He said that people should go and besiege the Shura council as well to bring down the Muslim brothehrood´s rule. He also advised the Muslim brotherhood members and Salafists to stay at home to be safe from the revolutionaries' wrath as well  the army and the police not to take the MB side.
The US ambassador in Cairo Ann Peterson was attacked in the speech as the angry Sheikh accused her of setting up another Pakistan example in Egypt. Peterson served as US ambassador in Pakistan by the way.
I filmed that part of the speech.

4 comments:

  1. If anyone is tempted to comment here and criticize and put down this blogger I suggest to them that they should get as close to the action as she has done to get the first video posted here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Zeinobia,
    teargas has been terrible here in wasit al-balad the last two nights. We couldn't open our windows or our eyes started burning like hell in no time. I am not speaking about the direct area of kasr al-aini but hundrets of meters away from there and also from the corniche, where teargas has been intense especially last night. I adress the government is saying that we all know teargas has very bad health effects and that us people living here should be taken into consideration. This cannot continue like this for much longer. What are politicians for if not finding solutions to a crisis like this? It is about time to sit on one table, stop the reasons for this violence and move this country forward.

    Take good care dear Zeinobia and please don't take any risks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zeinobia, in all your recent videos and slide shows there is hardly a woman to be seen. Be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an nervousness over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase.

    My web page :: http://imonthefloor.webnode.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.