Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ramadan Arabian Nights 2011 : Princess Badr Al Budur and the sultan of gypsies “Ep.1”

Ok here is another interesting tonight with our Ramadan Arabian nights, tonight we will start the tale of Princess Badr Al Budur and the Sultan of Gypsies.

If you notice this tale was not introduced by the legendary radio anchorman Mahmoud Shabaan like the previous episodes. This 553rd episode by the way.

Shahyer and Sheherzade from  Dalziel's Illustrated Arabian Nights' Entertainments
Shahyer and Sheherzade from 
Dalziel's Illustrated Arabian Nights' Entertainments

Now there is a problem I am facing and I am asking the experts of Arab literature to help me in finding the Arabic original text of the story, I can’t find it either in English, in Richard Burton’s translation or in any other translation the tale of Princess Badr Al Budur and the sultan of gypsies. 

I know that Taher Abu Fasha did not make up a story himself but he may change in names and in places.

Already the name of princess Badr Al Budur is mentioned as the famous heroine of Aladdin and the magic lamp tale.

The story of Badr Al Budur and Dumdum, the Sultan of Gypsies is quite interesting for real and this is why I want to find its English translation as well as the original Arabic text.

I will not deny and claim that I read in the original book because if you have ever read the original you will know how many stories inside stories and tales inside tales are in the book to the level that you forgot the tales.

I feel angry that I can’t find the story in English so please help me find it if you can.

1 comment:

  1. your blog is such delight thank you so much for posting this!!! im an arab girl born in france trying desperatly to learn arabic and it could help me (plus, badr al budur has always been a favorite story of mine)! ^^ but im curious about where do you get these audio????? from which cd , if you have the references ...????
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.