First of all I am asking for your opinion : Do you think Farouk Deserves the UNESCO ?? I know that I am kind of bias but I need to know you opinion more.
Second of all Bernard Henri Levy is doing it again opening his fire on Farouk Hosni , this time it is not about Hebrew books and Jews but about freedom of expression. The freedom of expression according to Levi was the interfere of the religious establishment in our cultural life and how Hosni participating stating several examples including the Yaccobian building which I do not recall that there was any objection on it nor the film in Egypt from any kind from the religious parties.
With my all respect to Levy but he is limiting the freedom of expression because Hosni does not suppress the freedom of expression because of religious reasons , most of the times he suppresses because of political and sometimes personal reasons.
It is well that the minister blacklist all those intellectuals from writers,poets and novelists for instance SonalIah Ibrahim who refused to be honored by the ministry of Culture because of its policies and since then Hosni blacklisted him. Do you know what does blacklist mean in Hosni’s vocabulary ?? asking a french cultural festival not to invite Ibrahim for the festival if they wanted him to come !! He is one hell of a diva for sure !!
This is just a sample and the examples are too many to be mentioned. Shall I remind you with what happened to Dr. Abdel Wahab El- Messiri and how a man was neglected by the ministry of culture in his latest days because of his opposition views towards Mubarak and his policies.
Let’s leave the freedom of expression and focus on something very critical to the job description of of the secretary general in the UNESCO : Preserving the world historical heritage. Farouk Hosni in more than 20 years failed in doing so.
Stealing and trading in our historical heritage starting from the ancient Egyptian to the modern one was from the distinctive characters of Hosni’s ministry. I can’t speak about what I hear from relatives and friends on the mafia of our ancient Egyptian treasures trade in Upper Egypt starting from Fayoum up to Luxor but I can speak about various incidents : like for instance the grand temple theft of Mr. Tarek El-Suessy , the constant theft of our old Coptic and Islamic artifacts even our old Jewish books in the Coptic museum from several years.
It is not the mission of Zahi Hawas alone to protect our heritage , it is from the main duties of the minister of culture in any country for God Sake !!
This is why I am saying “No” To Hosni along many other Egyptians. It is not about Hebrew books , this is just the tip of the ice-berg. I am sad that abroad some people only focus on the anti-Semitic part which if you want to ask is false with my all respect. That firing statement in the parliament were just cheap talk , after all as we say in Egypt “The talk is free”. Farouk Hosni up till now did not open his mouth regarding our stolen ancient Egyptian monuments in Israel which were taken during the invasion years.
I am so angry because we are wasting our taxes payers money in useless campaigns and we are technically kissing other countries’ asses because of someone who should be prosecuted !!!
By Year , By Month
- ► 2016 ( 183 )
- ► 2015 ( 345 )
- ► 2014 ( 312 )
- ► 2013 ( 512 )
- ► 2012 ( 683 )
- ► 2011 ( 953 )
- ► 2010 ( 1093 )
- Per in Egyptian Press
- Daily World Chronicles 09/30/2009
- What if He Were a Normal man !!??
- Per Bjorklund To Be Deported
- The Day Our Presidential Website Was Hacked !!
- Settlers Not Residents
- Names and Places Please
- Dress To Impress
- Did Anyone Notice This ??
- Daily World Chronicles 09/28/2009
- Suzanne Tamim’s Unknown Husband
- First Will You Marry Me and Now I Am Sorry Baby
- Black Coffee
- Who Will Pay The Bills ??
- He Did Not Go For Shopping Only !!
- Bibi Does Not Like His Cartoon
- The Last Ottoman
- The Photos of The Week : Treki Should Have Known b...
- Where Is The Vice Police ? Where is The Women’s co...
- Not A Good Sign
- Do Not Blame The Jews, Blame Yourself
- Dr.Mahathir Mohamed Blogs
- Breaking News : Farouk Hosni Lost The Elections
- A Tie For Hosni
- Why Do I Smell A Conspiracy In This !!??
- Do Not Blame It On The Pigs
- Laila Abdel Salam Speaks For The First Time on TV
- The Next Minister Of Culture Will Be…
- She Needs Your Prayers
- Farouk Hosni Official Website
- Another Blow To Independence Judicial System Movem...
- Meet Queen Fatimah of Libya
- Follow Up : 2 Other Votes
- Happy Eid
- I Miss That Ad So Much
- The Key To Qaddafi’s Personality
- Follow Up : Another Round For Farouk Hosni
- Do Not Stone Her Alone
- Porto Aswan : The Regime’s Response To Nubian Dema...
- Wrong Market !!
- Does Anyone Follow What Is Happening in Yemen ??
- Breaking News Do Not Tell Me He Is Going To Win !!...
- Les Miserables
- Rosetta Houses
- Regarding Farouk Hosni : Last Argument
- The Muslims Are Coming, The Muslims Are Coming
- Is Not This Against The Law !??
- Testing Something
- Guess The Future Lebanese Leader
- The Return of A Hero
- Poll : Will You Miss Amora ??
- Where Is WALL.E when You Need It ??
- This Is Beauty
- Welcome To The Egyptian Publishing Hell
- Follow Up:Another Reason To Say “No” To Farouk Hos...
- Did Mubarak know Assaf Ramon ??
- Serena Williams’ Moment Of Shame
- Unwanted Guests
- Daily World Chronicles 09/13/2009
- Gaza Jane
- Don Draper’s Channel
- So We Are Fact No.22 in Egypt
- The Hero Of Human Rights
- The Quotes of The Week : Talking in Politics in 20...
- H1N1 Follow Up : Just One Week !!
- Why DO We Have To Pay ??
- The Real Samia Fahmy
- Follow Up : Why I Say “No” To Hosni
- H1N1 Follow Up: Another School Is Shut Down
- When It Rains , It Pours
- Another Kind of Arab Nationalism
- Egyptian X-Files : The European Man who Was Found ...
- H1N1 : Bad Day For Humans , Good Day For pigs
- Blame Those Ministers
- Polls of The Week : 2
- Egyptian Chronicles' TV Review in Ramadan "First 1...
- To Know Your Postal Code in Egypt
- Who Will Buy The Old Falki ??
- Who Is Behind That Ad ??
- K.I.A Photo
- Murdoch To Acquire 20% of Rotana !!
- The Quote of The Week : The Minister , The UNESCO ...
- Syria Vs. Iraq
- Review : Angels And Demons
- The News of The Day : Amr Adib To Retire from Medi...
- Tamtem ; Let's Keep it a Secret
- Bad Time For Private Security Companies in the Sta...
- Where Are The Human Rights Organizations When They...
- Maktoob Yahoo !!
- Iron Woman’s Follow Up : The Other Minister
- A Sectarian War
- Egyptian X-File : Searching For Mr.Halal
- ▼ September ( 92 )
- ► 2008 ( 1054 )
- ► 2007 ( 651 )
- ► 2006 ( 512 )
- ► 2005 ( 242 )
Egypt Citizen Journalism Politics Media National Democracy Follow Up photos Arab Video Human rights Society National Security Egyptian Life Culture Israel America Economy History Regional Arts Post Revolution Egyptian Faces Religion International Women Palestine War #Jan25 Egyptian Army Geek Syria Africa Health Islam Lebanon Europe Elections nostalgia MB blogging Environment Great Cairo 1001 Egyptian X-files Presidential elections 2011 Nature Minorities Trials Egyptian History Terrorism Audio Sports Just Opinion Spy Gulf Iraq News Books Presidency Party of parties Films Iran Maghreb Letter from the editor Sudan Music Breaking News Arabic faces In the wind's direction Elections 2012 Asia Sinai Egyptian Royalty Corruption Numbers 1973 1967 Caucasus Turk Bloggers Egyptian Constitution Parliament Live Blogging Daily World Links Polls Tourism Upper Egypt Alexandria Arabic X-Files 1952 Canal Cities Suez War Cablegate Laila Photo Of The Week Aswan Egyptian Rumours Happy Yemen Nile Delta 1948 The Quote of Week Charity Salam 98 Laws Pakistan Red Sea African Faces Yemen Personal Reviews Communiques UAR EC Interviews Highlighted Comments Matrouh Nubia SS gate Travel Weather Fayoum Must Read Switch the Channel Wise Words Latino Leaks South America Jordan Test Asian Faces Government Ideas Infographs Odd Tweet of the Day