Ok here are the latest updates from Tunisia and the world after the political earthquake that took place in Tunis yesterday , it is just crazy , there is an update every moment. ‘A vegetable seller brings down a dictator’ , ‘ The slap that brought down a whole regime” in reference to the slap of the municipal employee to Mohamed Bou Azizi that led to his suicide and “Too late to understand the people” in reference to the famous last words Ben Ali said in his last speech; these were the main headlines in the newspapers today.
In another victory to the Tunisian people well , Mohamed Ghannouchi is no longer the acting president as Fouad Mebazaa has become the acting president as the constitution states , it is a blow to the remains of Ben Ali’s regime that are still trying to stand against the storm taking place there. Mebazaa promised an early elections and a national unity cabinet from all political parties headed by Ghannouchi. There are negotiations according to our knowledge through out the world with Tunisian political parties and figures. Tunisian opposition figures from liberals,Islamists and communists are packing their bags to return back to Tunis as soon as the airports open its door yet.
According to the available information it turned out that the looting and violence taking place in the country is the handmade of the presidential security apparatus. The head of the presidential security apparatus is trying to escape to Libya , there is currently a little fight in the borders between the general who headed that force and the Tunisian army along other corrupted figures who are trying to flee the country to Libya. The army and the citizens are trying to arrest the these corrupted figures. The first son in law of Ben Ali “not Materi” was arrested after killing his first aide while trying to flee the country.
There were fires in several prisons across the country , many prisoners have been killed , it is unclear what happened except that some prisoners tried escape but failed. The Tunisian hospitals are asking for blood.
The Tunisian artists who were accused of being hypocrite to the Ben Ali regime are defending themselves insisting that they had been terrorize and intimidated by the former regime figures; Hend Sabry said that she did not sign any plea to Ben Ali to have another presidential term , in fact she found Belhassan Trabelsi calling her in Cairo telling her that he added her name in the plea so she would not be surprised. I believe Hend and other artists, I respect the human fear as I have said before. Nothing from Latifa up till now.
Europe is in a very bad position due to its support to Ben Ali , France is in very critical bad position if we are going to speak specifically , the Tunisians will not forget how stood besides their dictator. The American media is discovering Tunisia now.
Moving to Saudi Arabia where the former president Ben Ali and his family are, in a very provoking news not only to the Tunisian people but rather to all Muslims Ben Ali and his family are heading to Mecca to have a Omra !!! God forgive me but I do not expect that God will accept this Omra , you need halal money for Omra !! There is a news that his daughter has reached to Paris.
Unexpectedly Gaddafi who is giving help to the Ben Ali regime to flee the country to the Europe said that these protests in Tunisia are the result of the lack of democracy !!!!
Now moving to Egypt , there is a rumor that Ben Ali asked Cairo for asylum and Cairo said no and it is logic to know why Egypt rejected his plea , Mubarak does not need more trouble. Officially the Egyptian ministry of foreign affairs issued a statement about the revolution where it assures Egypt’s respect to the well of the Tunisian people and trust their judgment . Egypt Air has canceled flights to Tunisia till further notice. People in Egypt are extremely happy so happy wishing that this happens in Egypt sooner than later. Today our building security guard told us that he wishes that we will be next. Jokes about Mubarak and his fear after the Tunisian revolution are taking the Egyptian internet cyber space by storm. Hamdeen Sahbi made a video congratulating the Tunisian people wishing that the same would happen in Egypt. On behalf of all Egyptians Mohamed ElBaradei congratulates all Tunisians for lighting the road to us. There is a huge security on the Tunisian embassy due to the solidarity protests which calls Mubarak for resigning and following Ben Ali’s step.
The league of Arab states respected the well of the Tunisian people and Amr Moussa said that the country is starting a new era. The next Arab summit Baghdad will miss another Arab dictator.
The Yemeni people also protested in Sana'a with Tunisian flags demanding Saleh to do the same like Ben Ali before he turns the country in to another Somalia or another Afghanistan.
You can watch Al Jazeera live through Live Station website , up till now Al Jazeera has an outstanding coverage for the Tunisian revolution. France 24 and Al Arabiya’s coverage are not bad. I can’t keep up with all the great rapid updates from Tunis the brave
More to come insh Allah
By Year , By Month
- ► 2016 ( 266 )
- ► 2015 ( 345 )
- ► 2014 ( 312 )
- ► 2013 ( 512 )
- ► 2012 ( 683 )
- #Jan 31 : Day No.7
- #Jan 30 : Happy Birthday Charlie Brown !!
- #Jan 29 : After the 28th
- Jan 28 : Chronicles of The longest Friday in Egypt...
- #Jan 25 : The Suez Siege 2011
- Twitter And Facebook Are blocked Again !! "Updated...
- #Jan25-Thursday: Major Updates
- #Jan25 : Protests in Sallum
- #Jan25 : The Canal Cities Are on Fire
- MSM on Fire : Saad to Leave National TV , El-Shazl...
- Happy birthday Khaled Said
- Internet censorship in Egypt : If it were useful t...
- #Jan25 Anger Day : Suez is a War Zone Again "Updat...
- The photo of the day : The head of the freedoms co...
- A Message To Dr. Elbaradei : Return To Cairo NOW !...
- #Jan 25 : Reactions
- #Jan25 : A Real New Hope
- The 25th Big Day
- Tunisia Leaks : The Ben Ali regime files
- Dr. ElBaradei Addresses the police
- 24 hours before the 25th !!
- The Palestine Papers : Al Jazeera’s own Wikileaks
- MOI : A Palestinian Militia Behind the Two Saints ...
- That’s lot of gold leaving the country
- #Jan25 is official Menace to the regime
- What Can The Tunisian Revolution Teach us ?
- #Jan25 is getting serious
- Apologize To the Tunisian People Now !!
- Thank you Mahmoud Saad
- Speaking About Tunisia’s gold reserve , How Much G...
- First Blogger Minister in the Arab world
- Mercenaries used in Tunisia !!??
- Kick that baby Yoga Cult out of Dahab Now
- The flag in this Way means Things are unstable Mr....
- ElBaradei Speaks to Hala Again
- Will 25th of January 2011be a remarkable Day in o...
- I love you Gomaa
- Another 3 Egyptians To Set Themselves on Fire in t...
- Cablegate And Tunisia : Suha And Laila
- STFU Tamer Hosni
- The Denial of Denial is confirmation
- Not That Sweet Nor Funny Campaign!!
- Tunis Update : The King’s Men Are falling Down
- And This is Why Gaddafi Defended Zine
- Gaddafi addresses the Tunisian people !!??
- The Quote of The Week : A matter of Misunderstandi...
- The Myth And Reality in The Jasmine Revolution
- Tunisia Makes History : Reactions Update
- Long Live The Free People of Tunisia
- Separated at birth : Dictators Of their own kind !...
- Breaking News : A real Coup D'état this time in Tu...
- Tunisia : A moment of History
- About France , The States , The Arab World And Tun...
- Dr. ElBaradei : The sectarian Tension Is a symptom...
- Siyad Bilal’s Widow is arrested because of an inte...
- Angry Tunisia : A Small country but big anger and ...
- Because Egypt is only Blamed
- Can Someone Pay Attention To These Kids !!?
- Questions Should be Asked Now
- Unconfirmed News :Coup D'état in Tunisia "Updated"...
- Ben Ali of Tunisia : The Beginning Of The Ending "...
- Angry Maghreb : The Riddle of Algiers
- Breaking News : A shooting in Minya , Upper Egypt
- Angry Maghreb : The Jasmine Revolt of Tunisia “Gra...
- We are all El-Siyad Bilal
- The Enigma of Having ElBaradei on the cover of Eni...
- KSA Leaks
- Mohamed Maree Loses His Job because of blogging !!...
- The Battle of Kasserine 2011 !! “Graphic”
- The Photo of The day : A New country
- Osama Mushraf is Missing Again in KSA !!
- Angry Maghreb : Day 23 in Tunisia
- Woman Of The Year 2010 in Egypt
- Dead Fish in Marina !!
- Follow up : Matrouh’s Shocking Videos
- Saint Simon Monastery
- The Latest Victim Of Alexandria Church bombing
- Egypt’s Orthodox Christmas Mass : Live
- Where is that bitterness Towards Egypt !!?
- Sheikh Al Azhar's Interview On Dream TV2
- Stop Exploiting The Victims
- Dr. ElBaradei Addresses The Egyptian Christians
- Yes He Knows Nubia Just Like He knows Egypt !!
- A Possible Photo For The Suicide Bomber
- Martina was From The EGC Girls
- Stop These Rumors Now
- Another Pahlavi To Commit Suicide
- First Torture Video in 2011 : This Time From Libya...
- The National Mourning Riddle
- Making Fun Of Our Pharaohs
- A protest in Mansoura
- The MOI Fiasco in Alexandria
- Alexandria Explosion : The Language of Numbers
- Tunisia Uprising : It is still On
- Did You Or Did Not You Publish The Bloody Statemen...
- A Group Claims responsibility For The Two Saints A...
- Let’s Investigate That Page Either Way
- How many people were killed for real in The church...
- Who is Behind The Alexandria Explosion !!?
- Alexandria Explosion : Reactions
- ▼ January ( 103 )
- ► 2010 ( 1092 )
- ► 2009 ( 1159 )
- ► 2008 ( 1054 )
- ► 2007 ( 651 )
- ► 2006 ( 512 )
- ► 2005 ( 242 )
Egypt Citizen Journalism Politics Media National Democracy Follow Up photos Arab Video Human rights Society National Security Egyptian Life Culture Israel Economy America History Regional Arts Post Revolution Egyptian Faces Religion International Women Palestine War #Jan25 Egyptian Army Geek Syria Africa Health Islam Lebanon Europe Elections nostalgia MB Great Cairo blogging 1001 Environment Egyptian History Egyptian X-files Presidential elections 2011 Trials Minorities Nature Terrorism Audio Sports Just Opinion Spy Gulf Iraq News Presidency Books Films Party of parties Iran Maghreb Letter from the editor Sudan Music Arabic faces Breaking News In the wind's direction Sinai Egyptian Royalty Elections 2012 Asia Corruption Numbers 1973 1967 Caucasus Turk Bloggers Egyptian Constitution Parliament Tourism Live Blogging Daily World Links Polls Upper Egypt Alexandria 1952 Arabic X-Files Canal Cities Suez War Cablegate Aswan Laila Photo Of The Week Egyptian Rumours Nile Delta Happy Yemen 1948 Laws Red Sea The Quote of Week Charity Salam 98 Pakistan African Faces Yemen Personal Reviews Communiques UAR Matrouh Travel EC Interviews Highlighted Comments Nubia SS gate Weather Fayoum Latino Must Read Switch the Channel Wise Words Leaks South America Government Jordan Test Asian Faces Ideas Infographs Odd Tweet of the Day