Here are three short video clips in Arabic I recorded for presidential candidate Dr. Abdel Moneim Abu El Fotoh during his lecture in Jesuit School “CSF” which I covered last Wednesday.
Here is the first clip showing the answer of Dr. Abu El Fotoh about a question regarding the citizenship concept in Egypt.
The second clip Abu El Fotoh speaks about the concept of the civil state and its history. You will noticed that he was backed up by his political advisor Rabab El Mahdy who supported his definition for the civil state.
The third and last clip I recorded in video was his answer about a question regarding the Egyptian-Southern Sudanese relations and South Sudan.
Now after registering as a presidential candidate yesterday Abu El Fotoh campaign released the presidential program of the strong Islamist candidate on the same day. You can read the program in Arabic here.
I think this is the first presidential candidate to present a full program for real. Now I have gone through it fast and I have written several remarks about it quickly :
- The language used in the presidential program PDF is targeting the educated and intelligentsia class , the language used in the presidential program is hard for the average Egyptian citizen who does not know the meaning of a concept like sustainable development. I hope that the presidential program is simplified especially its economic parts.
- I think Islamic Sharia was mentioned 3 times only in the 45 pages Program.
- Are we going to have a new constitution if he becomes the president instead of the one the constituent assembly wants to draft !?
- He wants a semi-presidential state. “Abu Ismail wants a Presidential state while Muslim brotherhood wants a parliamentary state”
- He believes in decentralization in governorates , local councils and municipals and how governors and mayors are going to be elected.
- He is with the freedom of unions and syndications.
I still need to go through the program again especially the economic part of it. These are my initial thoughts.