Tonight a tribal Sheik from the famous Al Sawaraka tribe has been assassinated from few hours ago. Sheikh Nayaf Al Sawaraka was shot down when a group of militants opened their fire in front of the city council in the city of Al Arish. They fled in a car and the man was transferred to a hospital to die there.
North Sinai is on alert , security authorities whether police or army are on alert. It is unclear the motives behind this act which is the first of its kind when I recount the violence in Sinai as we are speaking about tribal chief.
Could it be for tribal differences ?! I do not know , the man is known for wisdom and was like a meditator among tribes according to news reports. The time and place are more than alarming.
There are armed Jihadi Salafist groups in Sinai and for some reason the authorities in the past year and half left these groups to flourish. These armed groups are not under the control of the local tribes , they work according to their leaders.
By Year , By Month
- ► 2015 (186)
- ► 2014 (312)
- ► 2013 (512)
- #AlHoulah Massacre : People fear another Massacre
- It is party time people !!
- What an interesting timing to publish these photos...
- #Houlah : This will not stop the killing "Updated"...
- Shafik : The Egyptians are obedient
- Abu El Fotouh presser : Strong Egypt will live on
- #Egyelections : The official results of the First ...
- #AblaFahita tells you that they are only 4 years
- I am waiting for Azmi’s memories
- And Ikhwanweb’s twitter account is hacked !!
- #Houla : Another Massacre in a long record of Mass...
- #Homs : Another Massacre in the same place “+18”
- It is time to talk about #egyelections
- It is the end of the revolution as we know it end ...
- It is time of Silence
- Live Blogging : Egypt Chooses its president “Day 2...
- Voting Girl 2012 : Egyptian Presidential elections...
- Live Blogging : Egypt Chooses its president #Egyel...
- Language of numbers : The Egyptian Presidential el...
- And I support Dr. Abdel Moneim Abu El Fotouh
- #Egyelections : Egyptian Expats Vote “Round 1”
- Can we trust these polls ?
- #Egyelections : The upper Egyptian vote
- Be worried about #Sinai , be very worried about #S...
- #Egyelections : And #AMAF shows off his supporters...
- RIP #Warda , the Rose of the Arab world
- #EgyElections : And the first lady will be from th...
- Jews of Egypt : A forgotten History
- RIP Zakaria Mohy El Din : The Silent Free officer
- #Palhunger : The biggest hunger strike in the Arab...
- Regarding the brotherhood and #FGM
- Abu El Fotoh and the Brotherhood : The defector !!...
- Poll : Who Are you going to vote for in the Egypti...
- #Monazarat : The Day after the Presidential Debate...
- #Monazarat : #Moussa Vs. #AbuElFotoh
- #Egyelections : Egyptians abroad to Vote Tonight
- #Egyelections: The presidential candidates platfor...
- Breaking : Administrative court suspends President...
- #EgyElections : Presidential campaigns TV ads "Upd...
- And France has got a new president called #Holland...
- Is not this conflict of Interest ?
- Ideas after the Abassiya II defeat
- regarding The Egyptian Delegation To the Kingdom
- The “Final” Friday : The end of What exactly !??
- And Hussein Salem speaks at last
- #MOD : Because we do not learn from our mistakes !...
- #MOD : On Going Massacre "Graphic"
- Waiting For Presidential Debates on TV to Start
- ▼ May (48)
- ► 2011 (953)
- ► 2010 (1093)
- ► 2009 (1159)
- ► 2008 (1054)
- ► 2007 (651)
- ► 2006 (512)
- ► 2005 (242)
Egypt Citizen Journalism Politics Media National Democracy Follow Up Arab Video Human rights photos Society National Security Egyptian Life Israel Culture America Regional Economy History Post Revolution Egyptian Faces Religion Arts International Women Palestine War #Jan25 Egyptian Army Geek Syria Africa Health Islam Lebanon Elections Europe nostalgia MB blogging Environment Egyptian X-files Presidential elections 2011 Minorities 1001 Just Opinion Sports Spy Nature Iraq Books Films Iran Presidency Gulf Party of parties Maghreb Terrorism Trials News Audio Letter from the editor Breaking News Sudan Music Arabic faces In the wind's direction Elections 2012 Asia Egyptian History Grand Cairo Egyptian Royalty 1973 Corruption 1967 Numbers Sinai Turk Caucasus Bloggers Egyptian Constitution Daily World Links Polls Live Blogging Upper Egypt Arabic X-Files Tourism Parliament Alexandria 1952 Suez War Cablegate Canal Cities Laila Photo Of The Week Egyptian Rumours Aswan 1948 Happy Yemen The Quote of Week Charity Salam 98 Nile Delta Pakistan African Faces Personal Red Sea Reviews Yemen Communiques UAR Laws EC Interviews Highlighted Comments SS gate Travel Nubia Matrouh Must Read Switch the Channel Wise Words Cairo Fayoum South America Jordan Latino Asian Faces Cultura Ideas Infographs Leaks Odd Test Tweet of the Day Weather